MB update

Does anyone else find it unusual a jury was requested for the civil trial? Or is this SOP? Is there the option to pursue the civil trial without a jury?

Just wondering if a jury is beneficial given how poorly the public has perceived LK and RG post criminal trial.

3 Likes

She’s putting that defense out there about his injuries though - his broken head and arm, and his dog bites. It’s super hard for LK to point the finger at MHG, or anyone other than the guy who has admitted to inflicting those injuries.

7 Likes

If that was the case I bet MB would have a way easier time leasing then LK. It works both ways. She would have to disclose all of her issues as well.

5 Likes

Even if LK didn’t you bet Michael, SGF, and Ruth Cox were going to because they all would love to see her and her crew in front of another jury.

But generally, yes, it’s pretty standard. It’s rare that any party wants one judge deciding it all.

9 Likes

She posted about his medication indicating he had a particular medical condition (Axis II, I think); certainly not depression. Somewhere along the line I asked her how she knew what medication(s) he was taking and that it sounded like she invaded his privacy.

I don’t want to look for that post, but I am certain I wrote it.

6 Likes
8 Likes
  1. thank you for such a succinct, yet thorough, summary!

2. some of your usage of “legalese” makes said “legalese” more understanding and relevant to me, so thanks again.

3. your posts make me think that when I was looking at careers, I erroneously thought “lawyering” was boring and law was dry and un-amusing. The debater and wordsmith in me now finds law and the language surrounding it to be compelling. Its very similar to how I thought historians were boring and history sucked when I was a kid but feel differently now. Wish I knew then what I know now, but… Thank you!

4. I think you meant principles, not principals.

9 Likes

I honestly don’t think she had an end game. I think her ego and mania got the better of her and it all became a fun game of bully the person who had called her out and rejected her. @Knights_Mom hit the nail on the head with the dangerous side effects of the suboxone!! I can imagine she suckered her father in with lies and he assisted her until he was forced to face what she had done. I doubt he knows the full extent of all she did to this day.
Once she became enraged with the Finish the Bastard text, all bets were off regarding any reasonable outcome. I will always believe she and RG had the gun, didn’t expect Barisone to appear, and had to make up a plan as they went along with Barisone being beaten within an inch of his life in a struggle with the gun they had, shots were fired and RG cobbled together a story for Heymer and others. Then JK had to do damage control and start the crazy man campaign and they had to go along with what RG had told the police. How fortunate the cops bungled every single opportunity to gather evidence.
At issue is no one can/will control Lala. She is destructive and does not care. The visual difference between the late 2019 NYT photos and the trial photos are extremely concerning and her family should be very alarmed. While this WILL end well for Barisone, it will not end well for LK and RG. All they will be left with is hate, bitterness, regrets with no care to get the serious help they both need.

The above are MY thoughts based on MY observations.

23 Likes

I know this isn’t your point, but Lamictal is an anticonvulsant mood stabilizer. So someone with seizures could take it. Someone with any generalized mood disorder could take it if proven tolerable and effective.

5 Likes

You’re welcome. And thank you. I find the language quite fascinating myself, which is why I am now annoyed at myself because you are correct, it’s principles. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just quoting this because I like it and agree with it 100%! It needs to be seen again!

13 Likes

Yes, I know. It’s original prescribed purpose was for epilepsy, but one of its off-label prescriptions is for Borderline Personality Disorder isn’t uncommon. As long as the patient doesn’t develop the rash on their face, it can be taken safely. It’s not for everyone of course but it CAN be very helpful in minimizing the raging.

Found the post I was remembering:

8 Likes

LOL. Angela_Freda, you were prescient. He couldn’t figure out how to TURN OFF A DRYER.

10 Likes

I’m still way behind but perhaps someone thought LK posed a significant risk to people at the farm due to her passive and not so passive aggressive threats and disabled the gun :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I am pretty far behind on this thread, so maybe somebody has already mentioned this.

But I would think if they tried to throw RG under the bus, wouldn’t he turn state’s evidence or whatever the term is in a heartbeat and testify against LK and all her grand plans to ruin MB? I would imagine he would have quite a bit of interesting information to share with the authorities if push came to shove.

7 Likes

In a civil suit, they may think he’s safe from prosecution for anything he might testify about. Or, they may just not care. I mean, we already know RG beat Michael senseless and broke his arm. The big question is really about the sequence. What if Barisone has discovered some evidence that shows RG was the aggressor? Or destroys the timeline of events?

Bottom line, she’s trying to eliminate her liability for Michael’s injuries by pointing the finger at RG, and that opens him up to some vulnerability, in my opinion.

9 Likes

Yup. Pretty much whenever there is difficulty regulating mood, it can be an option. Difficulty regulating mood can be secondary to depression, however. Depression in itself is impaired emotional regulation so it’s not always cut and dry, ie. this drug is solely for X diagnosis, etc. Someone with TBI could have difficulty regulating mood, for example, and respond/benefit from a mood stabilizer.

With that said, I agree with you in that there is no specific treatment for antisocial disorder. Seeing a medication and knowing that a person took it specifically for antisocial disorder would be pretty improbable.

4 Likes

So hard to keep the shifting stories straight. My apologies

4 Likes

Wait, what? What cat?

3 Likes

If she bought them on Amazon, that’s easy to verify, the date, when they arrived, etc…

1 Like