Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Darn - they cut the sound right as the judge was in the middle of chewing out Bilinkas again.

2 Likes

Can pretty much guarantee she will have a tough time now. She comes with a ton of baggage now.

5 Likes

Well, obviously. Does that mean that she doesn’t have motives for what she chooses to say or not say? :woman_shrugging:

I believe she has 5 or 6 horses at her current stable in Loxahatchee, so it seems like it was feasible for her after all. Could she have found an ideal situation and moved them all to the perfect barn within 24 hours? Probably not. But could she have moved them to a safe temporary home on very short notice? Reasonable people don’t see why not.

16 Likes

Dang! Taylor giving Bilinkas a hard time because he said it was his wife’s birthday?

Taylor has some issues IMO.

20 Likes

Let’s remember… we have not even started the Defense witnesses of which are many…

7 Likes

I’ve heard judges and attorneys make comments such as this. Taylor just has a bug up his butt regarding Bilinkas.

19 Likes

Someone with apparent first-hand knowledge says she has six horses in Wellington and is paying several thousand per mount, to the tune of over 30K a month. She’s with a young trainer who needs the $$$$$$, so she won’t be asked to leave.

13 Likes

He’s got NO patience for Bilinkas, that’s for sure!

But I totally agree that a lawyer should not be sharing his personal life with a jury in the middle of a trial.

3 Likes

If the jury is not horse savvy, I wonder if it wouldn’t seem so difficult to move on to a different barn. They wouldn’t know it isn’t like switching daycares. And after her stating she spent $40k on a “rescue” case horse, I bet they have no concerns about her ability to afford anything.

Heck, $40k might be what some of the jurors earn in a year. I would be willing to guess that the “why didn’t she just leave” conversation comes up during deliberations. But, I am hardly in the know

17 Likes

I know someone who rides there and she says LK has seemed normal and nice whenever their paths have crossed.

5 Likes

I need a drink.
Sheilah

4 Likes

I hope LK is one of them.
Sheilah

4 Likes

Depending on where her horses are located - dry stalls in Wellington during circuit can run up to 10k for circuit. That is just the dry stall. Add board and everything else on top. Further away from show grounds are about 5k for circuit. Typically, board will be a bit more during circuit.

2 Likes

Here’s a question that occurred to me this afternoon.

If the defense lawyer says he has recordings of LK and RG’s conversations with their lawyer, where would he have gotten those recordings? I’m guessing he would not make that up and state it on the record unless it’s true.

Many thanks, by the way, to all the people with legal knowledge who are sharing it on this thread.

9 Likes

Its because he was saying it to the jury. The audio was cut out so we don’t know the context. But if he was asking/explaining the need for a recess one afternoon, or rescheduling something, with that explanation - yes, highly unprofessional to do that in front of a jury. It puts the judge in a situation he shouldn’t be in. There is a reason all administrative matters are handled before and after a jury is brought in. I’ve seen judges chastise attorneys for not keeping enough of a poker face where the jury can see (rolling their eyes at testimony, for example).

4 Likes

Please.

We’re only on day three out of maybe 21-28 days. Many miles to go!

5 Likes

Why would the jury be fixated on why she didn’t leave? They are going to have to decide whether or not MB was insane when he shot her in supposed self defense. They will get specific instructions before they begin deliberation, and I highly doubt the judge is going to tell them to be sure to ponder the question of why LK didn’t leave MB’s barn prior to the day that he shot her.

5 Likes

They might have been part of discovery. Anything the prosecutor has must be turned over to the defense.
Sheilah

8 Likes

Didn’t JH say pretty much the same thing… at first?

10 Likes