Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

IIRC the mystery magazine was found in the car while the car was still at the scene, before anyone would have been transported. I also thought based on the photo that it was in the trunk of a police SUV (the one with its rear hatch up some of the photos), not the backseat, but I could be wrong. In any case it was definitely mentioned by officers as being found at the scene, not after transporting RG.

9 Likes

Well, when I said they’d act normally I was specifically referring to someone with a history of drug use who doesn’t have other major mental health issues or a personality disorder.

So basically, you’re right, they’ll act like themself, whether that’s a fairly nice normal person or a complete whack job.

7 Likes

Prosecutor has been overruled and RG’s drug use will be discussed.

11 Likes

Thank you for confirming. It struck me as odd.

2 Likes

RG has admitted to using drugs while living at MB’s farm, but did so outside of the facilities and living area. No discussion of whether or not LK was using with him at the time.

7 Likes

RG’s demeanor has changed drastically.

2 Likes

And what horses of LK were MHG supposed to be envious of?

2 Likes

Yeah… a trainer gonna keep a horse you bought from them free for the rest of its life… lol. If he believed that can anyone say dumb​:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

It’s my understanding that the imported ones that LK had brought to MB were - in LK’s mind - absolutely fabulous and MHG coveted those.

5 Likes

Narrator: “They were not.”

They are average imports - nice horses that are regionally competitive.

15 Likes

There you go.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about RG, I agree. He’s very off-putting.

4 Likes

I believe we have someone in our midst who sourced them, so without being insulting, perhaps she can comment on what the intended use of those horses was from her perspective.

Was she looking for world class horses? Amateur sorts that are nice and generally safe? presumably she had some selection criteria.

11 Likes

During the break, did the defense lawyer read my comments about RG using drugs off the farm? And not bartering for board? Lol.

8 Likes

RG’s lack of a license has been brought up and the Judge and Prosecutor are getting very salty after seeing RG muddle his way through the questioning and admitting to a bunch of things that don’t paint him and LK favorably.

17 Likes

Is it common for the judge to decide the lawyers have done enough questioning on a topic?

6 Likes

I thought the comment about not finishing boot camp in the Marine Corps applied to MB not RG and was a response to a question I asked about any military background-2 in the chest/double tap discussion.

The drug use was brought up in after-break questioning, as was the bartering.

2 Likes

It’s up to the judge to control his courtroom so if he feels that questions are becoming not relevant or restating testimony already elicited, he can in fact tell someone to move on.

7 Likes

I know everyone thinks the defence attorney is doing a good job but I find his questions super hard to follow and I don’t have to answer anything (under penalty of perjury). I think that is a bit of a factor as well

And an aside I’ve watched several trials in the last few years and I do not think he is doing a good job defending MB. If you want to see a great defence attorney think of the Kyle Rittenhouse trial. This defence attorney has made some large errors and doesn’t seem to have a good grasp of criminal law IMO. He is not presenting a compelling narrative or really dismantling the prosecutions narrative in any coherent way

6 Likes