Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

That comment was regarding RG, who LK has claimed was a Marine veteran on occasion. There has never been any presented evidence that RG enlisted, attended basic training, and served in the Marines or took part in any aspect of military service recruitment and training with them or any other recognized branch of the US Armed Forces.

13 Likes

Drug use would be a problem

6 Likes

Of course, I was simply stating that if you’d like to, you are around to do so.

No requirement, as always.

5 Likes

I agree. He is focusing too much on making them look bad without a narrative to follow.

3 Likes

During the early days of TWOT, the USMC embraced the authorization to give waivers for drug use and criminal records, but his own record shows multiple charges in NJ when that was going on. At most, he might have enlisted right out of HS in the 90’s and might have gone to training and failed, but there is no evidence that he did even that. Only the records of the DOD would contain that information.

9 Likes

Bilinkas wants to play the audio now, likely to impeach RG. Judge wants a sidebar.

6 Likes

We’re back to “I don’t recall”.

5 Likes

And quite the defiant body language.

6 Likes

Rob Goodwin is coming across as a smarmy jerk. I wish Bilinkas would tie it all together.
Sheilah

18 Likes

If a witness is impeached, would that lead to a charge of perjury?

4 Likes

They’re stopping for the day.

1 Like

Hoping they leave the audio on for this discussion.

I guess we’ll learn more tomorrow…

Pay attention to the audio feed. There might be a gem or two in there. Turn it up and use headphones. They were talking about kicking someone out and the Judge said he couldn’t because it’s a public court.

7 Likes

Who is the one attorney wanting kicked out?

2 Likes

Not necessarily.

There’s basically three scenarios that result in impeachment:

a) The witness may be deliberately lying and therefore knowingly committing the crime
of perjury – it happens, but this one is usually the least likely since most people don’t like to commit crimes in front of judges.
b) The witness is trying to tell the truth, but happens to be mistaken because
he or she saw the event incorrectly, has forgotten parts, misinterpreted what the witness
saw, etc.
c) The witness may be telling half-truths, exaggerating parts, or omitting details out of
embarrassment, love, anger, political beliefs, or other emotions. (probably what is going on here)

The purpose is to introduce evidence that suggests that the witness is not to be believed.

9 Likes

We don’t know and they shut off the audio again, so we can’t hear nuffin.

2 Likes

Darn!

I agree with you and I also question how much of this really matters since LK and RG aren’t on trial. Bilinkas has to prove that MB was either insane at the time of the shooting (to which the defense’s mental health expert will testify when it’s the defenses turn) or that MB acted in self defense. None of this depends on who was paying the bills or who was or was not doing drugs where. I’m actually surprised at how much of this nonsense has been allowed by Bilinkas.

6 Likes

Listen to the audio! They are planning to play a recording of a meeting with LK’s lawyer!

7 Likes