Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Why are all the crime photos blue/purple?

2 Likes

I thought MB looked marginally better. He still kept his head down, but he didn’t look quite AS pinched anytime he looked around. I think if I were he, hearing these two yahoos make absolute guffaw-inducing idiots of themselves, I’d feel marginally happier, personally. Even if seeing them reminded me of the crazy they brought to my home and business, I’d be pretty cheered up seeing them lay it all out in court.

Bet this won’t be the only impeachment discussion in this trial.

8 Likes

Or a Grand Prix level horse that you can board for free.

9 Likes

It’s yet to be decided that he brought thr gun. Hold on till next week. He has an Ace up his sleeve.

10 Likes

That’s been his occupation for quite a while I believe. When I was around the two of them, his job seemed to be lugging around LK’s stuff, holding horses while they grazed, and just generally hanging around.

ETA: In 2016

12 Likes

RG did say he often wrapped the one horse that had cellulitis. So there’s that.

Although it sort of sounded like they only wrapped one leg on the horse, but maybe that’s not correct.

3 Likes

“MB said, ‘How do we fix this? I don’t want a war,’ and threw his hands up in the air.”

Obviously without a gun in either of them.

27 Likes

I still think its suspicious that LK was hopping around all hootin and hollerin’ about a lost/misplaced gun, then this happens. I wouldn’t put it past her that she had the gun and it reappeared when MB went to talk to them. Maybe he even went to talk to them about the gun. Maybe he wanted to get into the office to see if indeed that gun he put in the safe was now missing. Probably not any of this, but I’m still not convinced he brought the gun.

26 Likes

Poor Symphony has had cellulitis since they got her.

4 Likes

I should have said you can’t use a gun in a fist fight. I definitely am not going to argue with you that there could be a few bombshells coming our way in the near future!

2 Likes

Oh it’s all coming out alright…. Not a good look on the “victims” and we haven’t even gotten to the defense putting on a case yet…

9 Likes

Looking at the YouTube video and the sidebar has a poll:

“NJ v Michael Barisone Trial Day 4 - Olympic Horse Trainer Shooting Trial
NOT GUILTY (42%)
GUILTY (32%)
UNDECIDED (18%)
HUNG JURY (6%)”

8 Likes

I just wish Joe Peschi was handling this case. “I’ve got a point, I promise you, judge, just, let me get to it”.

9 Likes

We also still haven’t heard what happened between RG and the farrier that day. I hope they don’t boot him before that comes out.

8 Likes

Oh believe me - I don’t believe them, so you can keep your Irish castle. :laughing:

2 Likes

So: main impression of the day, want to see if anyone else felt this way.

I think the biggest thing for me was seeing the diagram of where things happened.

MB was kind of in a corner behind that bush. a chair behind him, not much room. In the testimony to the prosecutor and affirmed here more or less, Lauren says she “stomped” off the porch toward him and got past the corner of the bush. It would have been hard for him to get out of that corner on the patio. Here is where the self-defense claim lies: she had something in her hand (RG’s cell phone) and came around and surprised him, he was already scared and COULD have thought she had a gun, and BOOM. I think that is the theory of the case there. Or it should be, lol.

12 Likes

That is the reset poll. The one I quoted before was pretty much tied for Guilty/Not Guilty, earlier today and had over 2200 votes before it was reset.

1 Like

It seems HIGHLY unlikely that someone who had been shot twice directly in (through?) the chest would be able to be running around beating people around the head! Is it possible she was attacking him and that he DID shoot her in self defense?
Just a thought- the whole things gets more and more strange!

23 Likes

Ah, thank you for clarifying. Interesting to see those numbers.

How often does a trial actually end with a hung jury? And if that happens, what comes next?