Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Or figured it would be the word of two people against one? Which is pretty much exactly what it’s come down to so far, really.

5 Likes

The thoracic surgeon said there were holes in her upper lung and lower lung that needed to be closed. I don’t see how a shot to the shoulder would result in a hole in the lung.

2 Likes

Your lung goes all the way up to your clavicles, at least that is what a doctor said on YouTube when explaining Covid…

3 Likes

Agreed, which is why I don’t believe that’s a logical possibility, even though people up thread are discussing it in light of the poor evidence collection.

It would be a huge gamble on the part of LK/RG to give a 100% false statement at that time. I fully believe they may have downplayed their roles but don’t think they blatantly lied about who had possession of the gun.

7 Likes

I did not hear hear say her livelihood had been ruined. I heard her say she had extensive scar tissue that hindered her riding.

1 Like

Your lung goes up with the uppermost section behind the clavicle.

3 Likes

If it were below the level of the thoracic inlet, it would.

2 Likes

So you think RG understood just by looking at MB before they both left in police cars that RG somehow could predict that MB would claim he remembered nothing?

4 Likes

Can anyone verify if RG has a criminal background, and if so, are the charges post 2008?

If I’m not mistaken, RG is 34 years of age, so his earliest date of enlistment would have been 2008. He would not have been able to enlist with felony charges.

I seem to recall the defense stating RG was an “ex-marine.”

Every Marine is an expert rifleman. It is the only branch to do so. Therefore, if he were a Marine, his comment stating he is unfamiliar with guns if in fact he had been enlisted, would be completely untrue.

If I’m not mistaken, the gun had the slide back, indicating a weapon without ammo. A jammed gun can still have the slide in the position as it would be if any bullets were loaded in the weapon. The only way RG could verify that the gun was free of ammunition is if the slide were back (as it appears in the cardboard box from the trial).

12 Likes

I think he knew the condition he was in.

2 Likes

I find it interesting that both times LK described herself being shot, she raised her right arm with “gun fingers” and said bang, bang. But when she described him firing the shot at RG, she used her left arm, both times she did the demonstration.

8 Likes

On the stand he gave his age as 45.

5 Likes

I definitely heard her use the word livelihood more than once. And she talked about MB trying to “ruin her life,” which seems to be a big theme with her.

5 Likes

Which one was Haleybot again?

1 Like

Eggbutt, no matter what evidence you see or what testimony is given by the witnesses, you’re going to keep with your scenario that LK/RG had the gun/were the aggressors/MB was the victim.

Now that the trial is actually underway, can’t we discuss the actual testimony?

I was shocked to learn that RG was handcuffed, just like MB, after you’ve told us for 2.5 years that the police just assumed MB was the aggressor. Turns out they separated them, got the gun disabled, and handcuffed both.

12 Likes

That is an interesting summation of the officers’ testimonies.

11 Likes

Re bolded. I would consider an attempt to murder me an attempt to “ruin my life”, and it would be a “big theme” for me too.

7 Likes

He said something about the slide being back/and or the clip jammed. Either way, he said “he wasn’t concerned about it any more”.

2 Likes

Half-way through today’s cross examination and all I can think of is:

“Perjury is a third degree crime in New Jersey. That means you could face 3-5 years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000 if you are convicted of perjury in NJ.”

(Quotation is from rosenblumlaw.com).

11 Likes

Do people get convicted of this?
Also it sounded like the judge felt that there’s been some perjury but nothing extreme, I didn’t get the feeling it concerned him.

2 Likes