Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

She worked for LK when she was in NC…she cleaned her house.

3 Likes

Or better yet, put me on ignore and scroll on by!

You can believe this pack of liars all you want. I prefer to keep my eyes open.

8 Likes

Summary of his testimony (feel free to correct me if I am misspeaking):

• LK was in ER and trauma called him (thoracic surgeon) - they were having trouble with her.
  • He arrived a minute later and she was hypotensive. Heart had stopped once but was resuscitated. Lost half her blood volume by that point. “Significant amounts of ongoing bleeding”.
  • Rushed to surgery within minutes to stabilize and stop bleeding.
  • Was already on a ventilator and had bilateral chest tubes and also had already partially opened her chest to attempt to clamp her aorta to prevent bleeding out but hadn’t succeeded by time he arrived.
  • Anesthesia, trauma, thoracic teams and numerous nurses present for surgery, which initially focused on controlling active bleeding and clamping aorta to redirect blood to head to keep her alive. Was given blood products.
  • After stabilizing, two injuries to lung - upper and lower lobes - both “raw and blowing air”, which were repaired.
  • Removed aortal clamp and observed for 30m to ensure she was okay.
  • As closing, realized there was an injury to her breast implant. Removed it and installed drain.
  • Injuries would have been fatal had they not been repaired during surgery.
  • Afterwards, was having difficulty ventilating so trauma surgeons had to make an incision with an open dressing for swollen bowel (?) to make room for her lungs to properly ventilate and was transferred to ICU.
  • Did not find bullets or other foreign bodies internally upon follow up surgical and radiographic exploration.
  • 2 injuries to upper left chest and at least one on her back near scapula.
  • Incision was 12-16 inches from below under left breast “pretty medial” and went all around to the back.
  • Other injuries from interventions included the attempt to open chest by Trauma team.
  • Trauma service was primarily responsible for monitoring. Was on vent for 8-10 days and a bronchoscopy was performed to remove mucus.
  • No ongoing thoracic surgical interventions required before she she was discharged and indicated she intended to return to NC.
  • Was hospitalized for 19 days.

No cross by Bilinkas.

Doc’s testimony can be found here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rDmMG_xFm2U

ETA - no ongoing chest surgery required. Of course other surgical interventions were required to remediate the open wound that was made to make space for her to properly inflate her lungs.

7 Likes

Yes, people do get convicted of perjury. Up to the prosecutor to bring charges, of course. Perjury is criminal, not civil, so the defendant can’t sue for it.

If a person is subsequently convicted of perjury, it is possible that a new trial could be ordered if the party convicted was likely to be materially relevant to obtaining the conviction. In other words, if the defendant could not have been convicted if that person had never testified, then it’s likely there would be a new trial. Perjury is knowingly lying under oath, it’s not attributable to misremembering or needing your memory refreshed. You have to knowingly and deliberately lie, and someone has to be able to prove that.

If the judge feels it necessary, he can instruct the jury to disregard a statement or a witness’ entire testimony. That, in some cases, can be sufficient to remediate the issue without injuring the defendant’s right to a fair trial.

7 Likes

Relevance, defence can’t prove where dad gets money is relevant. That is why he stopped asking.

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess he could lay his phone on the table left handed too. It just seems more natural right handed. He could have laid it down before they talked I suppose. Or he had it in his non dominant hand…but I usually hold my phone in my dominant hand. Hmm

Simple with some handguns. The slide pops back…it’s visibly obvious…IF you know guns. Which he says he doesn’t…

1 Like

I thought I had watched all the L&C videos, but I must have missed this. (It’s hard to keep them in order beyond the Day 1, Day 2 indications). Has IM testified? Who is he IRL? (I’m assuming that’s now OK to ask if he has testified).

1 Like

No he has not testified and we are forbidden on the forum from saying who we think he is.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine a decent judge feeling that way. If someone will lie under oath about one thing, how can you put any confidence into anything else they said. We’re talking about putting someone in prison based on what the person said.

18 Likes

IM has not testified yet, as far as we can tell. I believe he has not been definitively identified, but lots of people seem to have a pretty strong theory.

7 Likes

Remember that perjury is deliberate and the lie has to be material.

Otherwise you can injure the witness’ credibility with impeaching evidence, which is common and seems to be what is going on here.

12 Likes

I thought the same thing.

And I don’t quite understand how a judge can cast a casual eye on “some perjury.” Is that like only being somewhat pregnant?

5 Likes

Ah, thanks.

Thanks for explaining the difference!

Well, it seemed to be a big theme for her long before the shooting, based on how many times she said she was going to ruin the life of the people around her.

18 Likes

Still catching up on everything from this afternoon, but I asked my friend who is a Marine, deployed three times.

He said that it’s not implausible for a Marine to not know much about guns, not all of them learn to shoot.

But he did say if he didn’t finish basic, he is NOT a Marine, at all.

15 Likes

Saying a Marine is not familiar with guns is the equivalent of a doctor saying they are unfamiliar with medicine.

All Marines must qualify as an rifleman, absolutely no exceptions.

5 Likes

I actually don’t know guns. So it would not be at all obvious to me, and I would be extremely concerned about it, especially under the circumstances.

4 Likes

Is that a detail that you would expect to notice in that kind of situation though? After FLEEING through a doorway into a house?

3 Likes