Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Re: the camera, I will say that we have an Arlo doorbell camera and if people are going in and out a lot, the notifications do get really annoying and I mute them for an hour. Clips will still be recorded though.

When I looked up the Blink cameras yesterday it said their options are arm or disarm (rather than mute). It sounds like you might have to go into your phone settings to put the Blink notifications on “do not disturb,” which is less intuitive than just disarming the camera in the Blink app. Can anyone who uses Blink advise if this is accurate?

4 Likes

And sd he didn’t have a gun but posted about one and having ammo

11 Likes

MB is making notes. I assume they’re about things he remembers before his memory crashed.

Do we have any idea when that might be? I know he won’t testify, but I’m curious as to what point he stopped being able to recall events.

1 Like

Guessing it might have been around the time he was beaten in the head repeatedly and choked unconscious.

5 Likes

If the COTH sleuths were not able to find any record of RG actually being a Marine, I wonder if maybe he has used another name at some point.

Either that or he just lied about being a Marine under oath on the stand.

12 Likes

They could also be things he thinks the lawyer should ask or that he wants to discuss with the lawyer, as he tries to aid in his defense.

4 Likes

SO IT WAS LAUREN WHO SAID “CAN’T WE WORK THIS OUT, I DON’T WANT A WAR”? Interesting.

11 Likes

Yes I have to disarm mine to my knowledge to stop it from buzzing. I do so when my handyman mows the lawn because it goes off constantly.

3 Likes

Even the prosecution and Judge eluded to knowing Rob was lying during the after court session yesterday.

4 Likes

Part of evicting someone is providing a document called a non military affidavit. You get it from the military manpower site by typing in a name. I don’t know if it will list if anyone was ever in the military or just currently as we use it.

3 Likes

Are witnesses allowed to review their prior statements to authorities in order to prepare for testimony?

1 Like

I don’t completely believe he doesn’t remember anything.

3 Likes

He does not remember the events of the shooting. Remember, he was beaten senseless.

2 Likes

There would be no real record outside of what is in the DOD personnel archives. He hasn’t been running around and screaming about being a Marine like many USMC of this era do and it’s very likely that he either did enlist and failed in training due to his personal problems or never got to basic to begin with. We don’t know the history of his drug use, but he certainly wouldn’t have gotten a waiver for testing positive for drugs, even in the late 90’s, when he would have been enlisting out of HS.

9 Likes

OK crime lab students. Here is the slightly expanded version of Blood 101. Blood is comprised of several different components: red blood cells (disc shaped), white blood cells (not red, and usually involved with immune response), platelets (clotting) and various proteins and other good stuff floating in a salty liquid called serum. We’re going to talk about red blood cells (RBCs).

The cell wall of RBCs isn’t red. What the cells contain is what gives them their color, and the main ingredient is hemoglobin. Hemoglobin has the magic property of binding oxygen and then delivering it around the body via the arteries then returning to the lungs via the veins to pick up more oxygen. Oxygenated hemoglobin is bright red. Once it’s delivered its oxygen it is a darker red (which is why the blood in the test tube drawn from your arm is darker red: it’s being drawn from a vein).

Hemoglobin stains just about anything it comes in contact with. Yes peroxide can help as can some enzymatic treatments. But the trick is to not let the hemoglobin out of the RBC as it can’t stain if it’s still in the intact cell.

What can cause a cell to break open (lyse)? WATER. Plain old water. Like rain. Lots of other stuff too like acids, crushing the cell, pretty much anything except a water/ salt solution similar to the ratio in serum. This is called normal saline. So if you cut yourself and get blood on your clothes, your first action after gently blotting up what you can, is to make up a salt water mix and use that to rinse it off. If you get the red blood cells off intact, the hemoglobin won’t stain.

If there was blood on the sweatshirt, or even a red blouse, rain would have caused the blood to stain.

There will not be a quiz.

26 Likes

Of course you don’t. But what you’re seeing out of RG causes you no such pause, eh?

6 Likes

I believe his memory isn’t as bad as some people wish to think.

1 Like

I wonder if MB knew this?
It would explain, considering the previous threats and altercations, bringing a weapon against a person trained in hand to hand combat (ie a weapon)… I think

4 Likes

But nothing came of that. This is what perplexes me.

2 Likes

It lists different things for different purposes and you have to have approved access to use it for what is implied here.

1 Like