Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Didn’t RG realize it wasn’t a threat because of gun things that I don’t understand?

3 Likes

They have already been starting a line of questioning about LK having access to the office and taking things.

7 Likes

Why were the other guns examined and where did they come from? I missed a lot of that testimony.

I thought maybe we just broke it :joy:

5 Likes

I’m not a trial lawyer but on cross I believe that only items testified to can be crossed.

Witness: I like zebras.

Cross: you said you like zebras. How much?

That’s OK.

Witness: I like zebras.

Cross: Yes but have you ever eaten 12 donuts in 5 minutes?

That would be a no go.

Now the Defense can call that same witness after the State rests and the witness can testify to anything.

7 Likes

So they’ll be able to follow up on that at a later time.

Will LK and RG be re-called? What’s the procedure for that?

2 Likes

Somehow in knowing nothing about guns, RG knew a slide being back meant specifically that it was unloaded.

But what if MB had another magazine? I can’t imagine being shot at and not taking the gun away. Just leaving it on the ground. I think I’d at least throw it across the yard.

But then again, why would MB show up calmly (according to LK and RG), asking how to work things out, and then randomly shoot LK, right handed, being dominantly left handed?

18 Likes

Another excellent question, unless RG was familiar enough with guns to recognize at a glance that it was empty and no longer a threat, as he said under oath yesterday. Of course, that’s not what he said under oath today.

15 Likes

Yes. The judge is the king of the courtroom and can toss out the media and the public according to the rules of that state.

2 Likes

I think that might be the more likely explanation.

4 Likes

Guess we’ll have to see where that goes.

1 Like

I’d love to know more about the 7 minutes thing. I rewatched that part and she said in the original statement, “I used my 7 minutes to…” help RG subdue MB (something to that effect). I’m not convinced she said that she was literally beating him for 7 minutes. If she had, the judge wouldn’t have chastised Bilinkas for characterizing it that way.

There’s at least a few minutes of 911 call before the officer’s voice is audible so he arrived quickly but not instantaneously.

3 Likes

Mb could have had another magazine to reload.

My guess is they weren’t worried because MB was unconscious and they were beating him mercilessly so it wasn’t an issue.

8 Likes

I was unable to watch the end testimony of RG. Did RG end up changing his testimony, or saying things differently today than he had yesterday, for example? Im wondering if based on something he or LK might have read online, are they changing what they are saying.

1 Like

RG couldn’t even recall statements he had just made under oath the previous day. It’s painful to watch.

23 Likes

If I heard correctly: The testimony of RG included messages between LK and RG where LK states she knows how to get inside the office where the safe was.

If I’m wrong please someone correct me.

9 Likes

IMO they were equally confusing and incomprehensible both days…not sure if that answers your question though!

6 Likes

Yes. He said LK was incapable of crawling up the stairs to get her phone after the shooting. She was on her knees the entire time.

5 Likes

She indicated she could get into the office and access documents.

If I recall correctly, she stressed the word “could” not that she DID, when defense asked.

2 Likes

The one blatant change was yesterday RG said he wasn’t very familiar with guns and today he said that he was familiar with guns

12 Likes