Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

She was also actively being threatened. It may not have needed saying.

1 Like

Them saying/doing things without thinking seems to be a theme throughout their lives.

5 Likes

Maybe as part of her plea deal she was assigned to say just one thing.

Maybe Balinkas will call her up once the State rests and ask.

2 Likes

I heard that as well when the defense lawyer was cross examining LK. But she would not give a reason why she planned to disable the cameras.

4 Likes

Oh boy. I didn’t realize this was a possibility.

I must admit I’m curious as to how/why this gun handoff happened.

I agree that putting it in a safe would be a reasonable choice. If someone came to our house and said “I travel with a gun and I don’t want to lock my vehicle, can I lock it in your safe?” I would agree. That’s more than reasonable. It just struck me as odd that there’s no testimony to that.

6 Likes

It’d show the location of hers when she went to go check on them?

2 Likes

This happened before the shooting, so MB should be able answer all of the questions surrounding why he asked RG for the gun, what he did with it, was the safe locked, why he kicked MHG and the CPS woman out of his office. I’m sure he won’t though.

3 Likes

That was MB who saw the person.

8 Likes

Very possible.

But I believe the defense lawyer did specifically ask LK why she planned to disable MB’s cameras, and she would not give a reason.

5 Likes

What if MB is not testifying because he is still in fear for his life?

4 Likes

Maybe he didn’t say why to her at that time. Maybe he hadn’t caught her up yet. She said she always drove with it coming from NC to NJ so he might assume she had it.

Maybe her plea deal with the prosecution is to say just a certain amount of something unless directly asked for more.

Cross exam answers are typically short. It’s on direct that things go longer. But not always as evidenced by the cross of LG and RG.

Did you not notice him shaking while RG was boring a hole through him staring?

6 Likes

The prosecution could call MB to the stand. But they didn’t. So oops on them.

3 Likes

Did they think that MB wouldn’t prove helpful to their case?

2 Likes

I don’t think him shaking proves anything.

3 Likes

Could she lie by omission under oath, though? I think somebody did ask her about the conversation, and she claimed there was no reason given why MB wanted the gun.

I have to say it feels like RC’s testimony happened about three weeks ago. I don’t know how the jury is going to keep all this straight, especially if they can’t take notes or go back and review it on YouTube like the rest of us.

2 Likes

Do you think there will be a medical expert testifying whether or not MB has a traumatic brain injury from the beating?

2 Likes

Then his defence is gunna fall apart because he is supposed to not be testifying because he was mentally not there at the time and therefore can not accurately recall anything.

1 Like

Yes and no answers are fine. If he didn’t say why he wanted it at that time then there is no omission.

1 Like

that makes him a civilian, as the Marines are very proud of the last test of basic training, ‘the Cruciable’, a tough endurance test. If RG could not even get there…LOL, nope not a Marine.

12 Likes