Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Once MB pled “not guilty by insanity or self defense” he admitted to the shooting and the illegal use of the gun. The defense now has to meet the New Jersey requirements for insanity and self defense or imperfect self defense. None are easy.

4 Likes

Lack of adequate supervision around improperly secured, illegally possessed weapons might count.

Anyone got the video/time stamp for when the “demonstrating running in a circle” and asking to take off shoes occurred? I kinda want to see this part but don’t want to have to listen hours of LK being evasive to find it :joy:

6 Likes

Not exactly. But by all means embrace that.

3 Likes

I believe RG did say that. And I believe LK said the same thing.

Which would have given them a reason to be in the barn late at night when nobody was around to observe them or what they might do.

4 Likes

Another thing I don’t believe is the dialog when MB arrived. I don’t believe he said he wanted to resolve issues and end the war. I can’t speculate about what he said. I believe he was met with some antagonist remark(s) from LK and/or RG and that set him off and he lost it.

4 Likes

Why couldn’t they have wrapped the horse at 6 pm?

3 Likes

Start watching at about the 1:13 mark

4 Likes

Yeah but both LK and RG testified that’s what MB said. Certainly yes stuff could have gone BOOM after that. Evidence of that is that during testimony certain words were said that LK attributed to RG and RG attributed to LK.

5 Likes

No evidence to contradict the victims testimony and MB’s admission by plea of admission of shooting them but not guilty due to “insanity and self defense.” If indeed after as all three seem to agree, RG and LK have likely met self defense for beating him as long and hard as it took to live. If prior, then MB wouldn’t have to add insanity to the not guilty by self defense.

I think they lied.

5 Likes

assuming it wasn’t just hot air.

The surgeon did not really say anything that seemed terribly significant (to me) regarding the details of her care in the hospital. He said that she came in in bad shape and had lost a lot of blood, she went into surgery immediately, they had to do various things to her to save her, and she was released from the hospital 19 days later.

It was a little more detailed than that, but it’s not as if he knew anything about what happened to her before she arrived at the hospital, other than that she came in with gunshot wounds.

5 Likes

Very interesting idea.

4 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

I have an excellent bridge for sale. Recently refurbished via the infrastructure bill. Very reasonably priced.

7 Likes

Thank you!

That was … interesting.

3 Likes

or they counted on having more time to finish MB off before the cops arrived

3 Likes

That sounds extremely similar to what the witness from child protective services said on the stand the other day.

1 Like

Huh, that’s a new theory