Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

The prosecution doesn’t have the burden on a defense. But they do have to prove he is guilty of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. If so then we go on to see if the defense proved the elements for insanity.

9 Likes

That the attorneys get it a bit wrong is the reason judges have law clerks. If there are questions of law in contention, the clerks research it and present an unbiased view of the law to the judge. Mostly this takes place ahead of the trial, but it’s incredibly important and excellent experience (as someone married to a former federal appellate and SCOTUS clerk). They often don’t mean to get it wrong, but each argues the interpretation of a question favorable to their client. The judge has to decide, and his law clerks help him prepare to do so. It doesn’t happen off the cuff. I am using male pronouns here because the judge here is male.

9 Likes

This!

Some people prove they are totally upper class by being a good person to everyone. Clearly that sometimes bites you in the backside, like it did to MB when he took on LK and her clan.

32 Likes

As well as proof Michael has dependable long time friends he can count on when needed. I got the impression Mr Hay Man didn’t think twice about helping his friend without question. It was endearing that he seemed to also keep an eye on his friend walking the grounds all night as he unraveled. He is the kind of friend we all need in our lives.

53 Likes

His name is Larry Davison—the hay guy.

25 Likes

Thank you, I couldn’t remember. He deserves that we learn his name.

14 Likes

Well, Mr. Davison to us.

15 Likes

Can we come to a forum consensus that, with the earwitness testimony, there is no basis for the charges related to RG?

31 Likes

I’m good with that.

2 Likes

I dislike RG strongly but the broken window is still a factor. I don’t think we can discount the third shot entirely yet, even if I am willing to go pretty far toward the defenses holding up.

I think the claims will rise and fall together. As a practical matter, not sure it matters much for MB because if he is convicted, he’ll be behind bars basically the rest of his life anyway.

5 Likes

Thank you, @Horse_Daft foir that refresh. I remembered him wearing a tie. He certainly made a good impression on me.

LK will have a field day if/when Dateline interviews her. Her Norma Desmond moment.

7 Likes

Omg. That would be quite a sight.

I haven’t seen that movie for a long time. What was the name of her butler? Did the butler end up going to jail with her?

2 Likes

Uggh.

4 Likes

The butler, Max, was her first husband and her damage control man. Sound familiar?

7 Likes

Hmm. Let me think…:thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I remember now (not that it matters) that Larry Davidson was the hit man LK called the police about. Isn’t she a peach.

23 Likes

Yes! But lets be honest, that was a convenient story

5 Likes

Agree 100%.

3 Likes

no. way.

Also:
:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

18 Likes