Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I thought he looked genuinely shocked to find out he had been recorded.

17 Likes

somebody thought, and I can’t remember where and am not going to go look for it, that LK (and RG presumably) have probably been told to lay off the drugs during this trial, and if so, she’s gonna be in a world of hurt come her subpoena for the defense, even if she’s given suboxone to stave off the shakes and nausea.

Oooh. How interesting. If Bilinkis subpoenas her, the way subpoenas are turning out, she and her ilk are the only ones on this forum to be subpoena’d for this trial. After all her bluster about “YOU’RE gonna get called, and YOU’RE gonna get called! And YOU! and YOU! EVERYONE’S getting called!” No, muffin, you, your dad and your paramour are the only ones from COTH getting a rat writ, writ for a rat. And your little COTH posts, too. Irony, thy name is La-La

28 Likes

IM was subpoenaed for the defense.

23 Likes

Yep. To be expected from a narcissistic personality. More attention for her.

4 Likes

Also everyone who searches Barisone will find her “bad review” of him. Advertisers and influencers put thought into hashtags to increase traffic from searches. Sometimes they can be misleading. The NYT just ran an article on critically evaluating news sources where they said if an apparent news source was carrying a totally irrelevant hashtag (#kittenoftheday on video of war footage) that’s a sign the poster is trying too hard to turn up in random feeds and might be propaganda.

The hashtags are the key words that are available to search engines. It’s like the key words attached to scholarly articles that drive academic databases or the subject headings in the front of books that sync with old fashioned library card catalogues.

It’s actually a targeted way to make sure your SM post appears in any search someone does for that word or phrase. I expect there are ways to maximize that, and my guess is LK wouldn’t be the most savvy SM poster out there. But that’s the intent. Anyone who searches Instagram for Barisone will come across her post.

It’s definitely meant to continue harassment in an allowable form.

14 Likes

I sort of don’t understand how he could not have known about that by that point in the proceedings. I mean, did the prosecutor (or his client) not think he should get a heads up so he would not give that impression on the stand? I’m no expert, but…. that looked bad.

Edited to add: We all knew about it on the BB, possibly before he did! How crazy is that?!?!?

Edited again to add: I really hope he ends up talking to the nice people at 48 Hours. Lol.

9 Likes

I heard the same thing.

2 Likes

Please re-read previous explanations. You apparently are still not getting the point.

3 Likes

Don’t you mean people who vacuum the office?

15 Likes

Does your post mean that IM is LK’s dad?

3 Likes

Well, that’s just sick. What a life to continue harassment on any level you can indefinitely. It sincerely must be awful to be these people, so consumed by hate and vindictiveness.

There was a lot to catch up on today. Obviously, Team Mr Davidson. Feel free to accuse me of being a Mr Davidson fangirl henceforth.

What the actual re: ED? Did they come up with a theme for the witnesses closely connected to the K family: Causally Dressed Angry White Man? Do not understand this. ED got into a pissing match with Bilinkas, but it was all ED’s ego. He forgot that his audience is not Mr Bilinkas; it is the jurors. So, what we saw was someone inappropriately dressed, unprepared, so combative the judge had to give out to him, unlikeable and condescending. What he, I guess, thought was commanding came of as defensive and snide. He also puffed himself up using unnecessarily fancy words a couple times, I guess, again, thinking it made him look smart vis a vis Mr Bilinkas. But, again, it’s the jurors you need to think of, not looking big v. the other lawyer. They aren’t interested in you looking cool by saying ‘gestalt’ instead of something straight forward like ‘the whole picture’, or ‘immutable’ instead of ‘unchangeable’ or ‘beyond doubt’.

Believe it or not, there is a principle in legal practice of using ‘plain English’. And, yes, even – in fact especially – by top ranked global firms and government entities like the SEC. The idea is to avoid anything that smacks of legalise, superfluous legal doublets (e.g., cease and desist), colourful words where plain suffice/do a better job (e.g., gestalt v. whole picture). Lawyers who cling to the old way are considered backwards, not somehow better. They seem to need to use those words to prove to themselves and others that they are smarter or…something?

It’s like one of my professors once said: beware of a lawyer with Esq. after their name. It means nothing except that they’re mad they don’t get a designation like Dr. It’s also vastly more prevalent at the lower levels of the profession. ED was really snippy and annoyed and that’s the impression; not calm and in control. I would never recommend him or use him because his overall performance was emotional (pissy, annoyed, combative, angry) not rational. I would not want him giving that impression on behalf of me or anyone I cared about as his client. If a lawyer cannot leave their ego out of a proceeding, leave that lawyer out of your employment! As much as some posters want to think this bitchy act by the witnesses amounts to ‘owning’ defence (that whole concept itself is so cringe), it is the party who maintains calm professionalism in the face of emotional outbursts and common rudeness who ultimately looks best in any of these interactions. Mr Bilinkas gets that and is able to maintain control of himself consistently, never rising to the bait of these grown-arse men chucking tantrums on the stand. ED should have known better than to be so emotional and undone like that. Emotional is never professional and never what you want to give a client. Ever. A lawyer is there to take the emotion out of things.

Oh, and I date notes ‘100% of the time, not 99% of the time’! :rofl: That’s law STUDENT 101, not even lawyering 101. Give me a break. It is 100% suss that he dated them the day of the meeting with the DA and not the day he wrote them (or ‘the day he wrote them’). Again, spare me - or admit you failed at a very basic skill of legal practice, either one.

30 Likes

Law clerks are attorneys who judges pick to be their assistant. Many go on to become judges themselves. It’s like a conga line of advancement by connection.

Court Clerks are civil servants who can be, but normally are not, attorneys. Where I am you become one by scoring high in a civil service exam about all the various types of laws.

11 Likes

Why do you point fingers at others for getting threads shut down yet be unable to resist slipping up that you think you know who someone is and get the thread shut down?

1 Like

Please do not dox people and get the thread shutdown.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Now I’m going to believe that when a judge needs help, they turn to the Law Clerk. When the Law Clerk needs to clarify, they ask the person who vacuums. :grin:

10 Likes

So you are acknowleging that its an identification?

3 Likes

I generally don’t comment on anyone’s looks or attire.

I will just say that in this case, the hay guy was more formally attired than LK’s attorney.

The hay guy.

27 Likes

Why do you think Court Clerks are the people who vacume? That’s shaming, you have to know what you are doing to become a Court Clerk. Its wierd you keep saying that. Court Clerks aren’t the vacuming people.

Sort of.

The Court clerks correct the lawyers LOL

8 Likes

:no_entry_sign: :bowl_with_spoon: :no_good_woman: