Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

We are getting way off topic here - but I have been to Para’s farm in FL several times to watch training sessions and also had my horse in a clinic with him. Although he was/is personable, he isn’t really my cup of tea. However, I never saw any signs at all that he was abusive - firm and assertive, yes (as most coaches/trainers of “elite” athletes tend to be). But not an abuser of horses or people.

4 Likes

It seems we are going to be hearing from anyone LK has suggested is involved in nefarious collusion with MB…

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Event riders will often lesson with top dressage and jumper riders.

5 Likes

The other thing that somebody mentioned maybe last week was the body language on the police officers who are stationed in the court room. They all look pretty darn relaxed around these witnesses. Not like last week.

I think I even saw one police officer with his hand resting on his gun at one point last week.

2 Likes

I just said “That Phillip Dutton”?

6 Likes

7 time Olympian. Multiple medals. MB has coached PD with respect to his dressage in the past. Known each other for around 10 years.

7 Likes

No, it’s not that which shocks me, but what role could he have in testifying?

I’m assuming as a character/history witness of MB in the past?

2 Likes

Sorry, but having concern for horse’s safety is definitely not vile. And that doesn’t preclude having concern for your safety.

1 Like

It sounds like MB was trying to do them a favor with letting RG work on their promised board amount instead of having them pay it. RG claimed they could not afford to pay the actual board.
In other words, he could afford to fix things, just being a nice guy.

You mean the same way that LK sent threatening PMs to so many people here on the forum?

19 Likes

And he’s speaking in complete sentences, not just nods and grunts.

5 Likes

PD is testifying now that MB doesn’t mistreat horses. He’s seen MB ride, and had MB ride some of his own horses. And MB is an honorable guy in personal dealings and business.

Holy MOLY. On cross, the prosecution brings up PDs barn fire. Despicable.

21 Likes

Not sure if this was addressed, but police aren’t at the county level in NJ. For the most part, they are at the town level, though some smaller towns share services such as police, fire, EMS, and occasionally schools. There are no less than 3 Washington Townships in NJ (might be 4 or 5). Not sure if dispatch runs on a county basis, but if you’re in Bergen County and say Washington Township, they will not think of the Morris County town. The one time I called 911 on an erratic driver, they did have to transfer me to State PD due to the road I was on.

Dude. Asking about the barn fire? (ETA Dutton’s) to gain concern for LK’s report? Gah.

16 Likes

and to me it further questions why she wouldn’t pull her horses out when it has been stated that she had somewhere to go (and chose not to).

2 Likes

Michael McGrain (sp?) is on the stand now. He was a young horse trainer working for MB during summer of 2019. He was living in a trailer on property. He also did some construction work for MB during summer 2019 for some side money.

He has a background in construction working with his Dad on high end remodeling for 8-10 years. He was skilled in tiling…

4 Likes

Wait…history about LK and RG is not allowed but history about some random person who dares to say something nice about MB is allowed?

13 Likes

MM says he laid the tile in the basement. He worked with RG on it, but MM took the lead role, and had more experience, and was responsible for 70-80% of the tiling.

RG rarely showed up on time for any of the tiling work.

Atmosphere on the farm changed in 2019. It was very tense.

12 Likes

The prosecutor is losing points big time. He is flailing. Lol. The face of someone when they know they are losing…

5 Likes

“ She jumps out of the bushes barefoot with a black veil​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

MM mentions a rock located near the trailer where he was living, and he liked to sit on this rock, and occasionally have a smoke.

One night he and JH were hanging in the evening on the rock in late July, early August, and spotted LK come out of the brush, dressed all in black, with no shoes, after sneaking around.

13 Likes