Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

lol people can attack each other non stop for pages and pages but its the 5 posts about hay steamers causing the issue for you. Right.

6 Likes

Simrick spoke to MBs longtime therapist. To get detailed information about MBs background. Simrick relied on some of this information in rendering a professional opinion regarding MB.

1 Like

They are all here in the thread.

MB looks distraught today, more so than usual. I also noticed he couldn’t even look at Boyd.

6 Likes

MB came from an emotionally and physically abusive family.

MB had a maternal grandparent who suffered from chronic depression requiring shock treatment. Depression tends to run in families.

MB had been treated on and off for 20 years.

MBs therapist described him as “very troubled” and as “a considerable risk for suicide.”

MBs therapist also described MB as “paranoid.” Meaning “unduly suspicious of the motives of others.”

7 Likes

Someone mentioned this upthread, but I’m starting to wonder if MB took the gun, headed to the farmhouse (that he may have believed to be empty after the building inspector’s vacate order) to commit suicide.

9 Likes

This forensics psychiatrist even refers to LK/RG as squatters.

6 Likes

…and the judge did not like this.

5 Likes

You so owe me a new monitor and keyboard.
I laughed way too hard at your post. Thank you for the good laugh this morning.
Of course Boyd was going to say that. Silly me.

6 Likes

Sadly, this could fit with the testimony that he pulled MHG aside during the CPS visit to kiss her on the cheek before he walks away.

12 Likes

Almost spit out my apple laughing at that one :rofl:

1 Like

So we’re talking about MB state of mind and the judge STILL objects?

7 Likes

Simrick describes MB as “panicky” and desperate to get help in the days preceding the shooting. Hence the 911 calls. He describes MB as “desperate.”

6 Likes

Its all getting in through this guy. Officers not responding, oh judgy doesn’t like this line of questioning. It all goes to his state of mind, Taylor. You’re protecting these rats, but that’s okay. Its all going to come out from this guy anyway.

28 Likes

Taylor is a former prosecutor. Probably wouldn’t like anyone to take a real close look at how he won cases.

9 Likes

Simrick says that MB was “scared to death” of LK.

MB had tried EVERYTHING to get help with LK leading up to the shooting.

MB felt like he was being physically threatened by LK and RG, and was “trapped “ by them.

13 Likes

Barisone looks just broken. Gone.

12 Likes

MB’s father died while in jail. :frowning:

Has been treated for anxiety/depression for 20 years and his therapist thought he was often suicidal and paranoid.

7 Likes

This must be incredibly difficult to relive this trauma. Plus the emotional impact of having someone recognize and validate that trauma. I feel for him.

20 Likes

Agreed. For this reason, I am wondering if he did go there with the gun to kill them. He looks like he’s had a full blown psychotic break.

1 Like