Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I am thinking that this trail is in no way going the way the Kanarek clan thought it woud. With MB being the big, bad guy and LK the poor victim. Not quite the slam dunk they thought it would be.

16 Likes

I understand LK is not on trial, but I’m still struggling with the fact that her SM posts couldn’t be relevant.

Even if she was being “artistic” in her posts, they were clearly threatening, and that contributes to MB’s state of mind. How she meant them functionally means nothing if they came across as threatening.

We saw (similar) when the prosecution had MHG read out texts about MB “beating” horses, and discussed at length what that might mean, or what MB’s intentions might mean. MB didn’t get the opportunity to explain away what his literal words were. The jury heard the literal words and was allowed to draw their own conclusions.

13 Likes

He looks 1/2 the age of judge, psych, defense attny

Schelly doesn’t look happy

3 Likes

The tricky thing is that what she meant by the posts isn’t really relevent, we’re talking about what they did to MB’s mental state. The defense and doctor need to tread lightly on the line here.

13 Likes

The prosecution and Judge must realize the horse has left the barn. Stop objecting.

9 Likes

And it was all about their mutual ex boyfriend from years earlier. LK developed a random, jealous obsession with Joey. They had never even met in person. But she just went on to harass and torment Joey RUTHLESSLY because of the mutual ex boyfriend.

It’s absolutely awful. I feel deeply for Joey as a mother. I can’t even imagine losing a child the way she did, and then some random sicko tormenting me later about that. Just hideous mental sadism.

15 Likes

I thought Peggy may be brought up in the trial!
Welcome to COTH Dr!:laughing:

1 Like

God, I remember seeing GJ post a screen shot of the actual text - so vulgar, so vicious, so absolutely repulsive. Here’s the thing: regardless of what was said back and forth, anyone – literally any person – who has ready access to an idea, a picture in their head, and language like that to call up, on the fly, while texting, has profound issues. Like, seriously and fundamentally not okay. A red flag about the underlying personality like none other.

And there is no coming back from this. Nothing that happened years hence with MB or any other convenient talking point to which one might attempt to deflect the conversation will ever, ever minimise or ameliorate this. As I’ve said before, as a parent myself, I can only imagine the stinging shame her family must feel reading this and things like. If one of my children ever wrote something even remotely this repulsive, that revealed such an unfathomable depth of ugliness inside, I’d die of the shame of it. I’d feel I’d completely failed them as a parent, too.

To think and speak like this to another human being, let alone one who lost a young child, is truly unbelievable. This is evidence of something so wrong and destructive that I am at a loss as to how to even make sense of it within the context of civil society. Anyone who normalises, condones, ignores, or attempts to explain this away must engage in some honest soul searching themselves. This is beneath contempt. There is no low too low for this person.

33 Likes

My guess is they believed the fact that she got shot and almost died would be all that was needed to convict.

10 Likes

Can one of our legal eagles help explain why the specifics can’t be said? Why the background of the situation can’t be given?

1 Like

Got it. Autocorrect got me on that one.

3 Likes

So according to the forensic psychiatrist, MB took the gun impulsively with him, but took it because he was terrified of LK/RG and brought the gun for self defense.

Psychiatrist also believes MB is capable of standing trial, but believes the concussion during the incident is why he can’t recall anything, but believes MB state prior to the incident is reliable in determining his state of mind.

Psychiatrist states MB knew he was MB, but a dozen observers commented MB was confused about what actually happened (during shooting) when interacting with MB after the shooting (IE first responders, doctors, etc). Psychiatrist states that in April of 2020, following the incident, MB remembered CPS arriving, remembered bringing gun, driving in his truck, but can’t recall incident, but can recall after the incident.

Fully sounds to me MB was attacked at the beginning of the shooting which would indicate a rational reason for MB’s amnesia.

Psychiatrist states MB was still fearful, paranoid, agitated, like prior to event, even a year post the shooting. Makes me further believe MB hasn’t left jail despite bail eligibility because he is still terrified of LK/RG.

22 Likes

I think the post horse has been beaten to death. Hope he moves on.

They expected he would jump at the plea deal and their behavior would be protected.

14 Likes

Is the feed frozen for anyone else or is my internet having a tantrum?

5 Likes

:grinning: Thank you.

2 Likes

Ug, the feed has crashed.

2 Likes

100%

Two thoughts.

Sociopath

Psychological and emotional SADIST

21 Likes

So - Lauren’s history of behavior - nature, nurture or a toxic brew of both?

I noticed no one raised their hand to want to be part of the Kanarek social circle.

4 Likes