Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I think the prosecution trying to imply that everyone was “scared,” not just MB, so it couldn’t have been an idiosyncratic delusion.

We’ve had witnesses repeatedly shut down by prosecution for saying they were scared.

10 Likes

It’s all about the pattern. THE PATTERN. Prosecution seems not to understand this.

Simring “I’m getting hungry your honour”
Taylor “Well that cinches it then! We’ll take lunch”

22 Likes

Why give anyone with delusions a gun! :neutral_face:

9 Likes

Maybe he has regrets at this point?

2 Likes

That tracks, for me, anyway.

George Morris, friend of MB was just banned by SS for that.

6 Likes

Prosecutor seems to be chasing down idea that Simring has suggested that others, who weren’t delusional, didn’t fear Lol and RG… But the WS who testified yesterday, who was cut off, was going to, we believe, testify that RG threatened her.

I’m not sure why Schillhorn is going down this thread…

4 Likes

The defense has had THE BEST witnesses.

12 Likes

What a contrast in the character of the defense vs. the prosecution witnesses. This doctor is amazing.

21 Likes

I lost all sympathy for the prosecution when he tried to discredit Simring’s diagnosis and report on the basis of one particular LK post. And then, later, the prosecution admits he only researched the details behind that one post.

LK and RG are his star witnesses. The prosecution should have done a LOT more homework on LKs postings. Maybe if he had… he would have decided to decline to prosecute this entire thing. Because it’s a freaking mess.

30 Likes

Why does prosecutor get to create hypothetical scenarios???

15 Likes

He should. The prosecutor picked the wrong witness to attempt to spar with! Love the doctor as a witness!

18 Likes

GMs ban had just happened on 8/5 I believe.
I believe MB knew GM well

3 Likes

But Schellhorn wants a specific date! His minutia questions are tiring and getting no where. Is he seriously trying to impeach Simring? Good luck with that!

9 Likes

That’s what I am guessing.

3 Likes

Maybe, but also Dr Simring states no one else on the farm was personally scared, but rather scared for MB.

Unfortunately, I think that people on the farm could have been scared by LK’s SM posts that we aren’t allowed to see… and I think if allowed to testify to that, many would have also said they were scared for themselves and MB. (I know I would have been, and I wouldn’t consider myself delusional.)

6 Likes

Prosecution clearly didn’t read 18,000 pages of SM posts.

9 Likes

Bingo. It is astonishing the way some people skirt warrants for years.

9 Likes

To put away in a safe? Seems like the best place for it

4 Likes

And they had brought up the George Morris issue earlier too

1 Like

[quote=“RegentLion, post:7550, topic:770941, full:true”]

I think they may well have been scared. But the distinction will still be that they weren’t scared for their own LIVES. They may have disliked LK/RG, they may have feared them yelling at them or making a scene, they may have feared them making their lives more stressful and unpleasant… but they didn’t think LK was going to KILL them.

Even if we had all their testimony, I do not get the impression that Simring would change his opinion. MB was interpreting LKs behaviour on a different scale the rest of them.

14 Likes