Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Dr. Hasson also performed a PAI test, that involved validity scales, and revealed MB was unlikely to be feigning his psychological conditions.

And… there was another test. A SERS test maybe? I didn’t quite catch the exact name. But also… it revealed MB was highly unlikely to be feigning his psychological issues.

3 Likes

That one got me.

Having a friend who suffers from debilitating depression and anxiety, I’m sure they’ve considered this. Sometimes all the antidepressants and anti anxiety meds in the world don’t work, and the options come down to living in pain or ending it.

10 Likes

Dr. Hasson talked about doing other personality testing. PFI in particular I think.

It revealed multiple things, but among them, high levels of anxiety.

Dr. Hasson testifies there is a high level of emotional instability.

Dr. Hasson met with MB 7 times. MB consistently demonstrated psychological issues.

1 Like

Abuse and head injuries are a really bad combo. Wear your helmets everyone :frowning:

17 Likes

It’s difficult when they are up close because you can’t avoid dealing with it plus you get enmeshed so it can be hard to tell what’s going on. I don’t think they change nor do they want to. The best thing for self preservation is to walk yourself away and eefrain from engaging even if they push yiur buttons and to also step back from the vortex of other enmeshed people.

I think it’s hard to tell with teens. To an extent NPD is very close to some aspects of natural adolescence. You do need to see where they land in their 20s. That’s why celebrities and reality show contestants with obvious NPD come across as 14 year olds on speed. Many truly awful 14 year olds mature into fine stable adults. If they aren’t starting to settle by about 17 or 18 you may have a problem.

6 Likes

Yeah. I’m thinking about head injuries too listening to this. But that makes sense. He’s been a high level horse pro for decades.

Oh wow. Says he had a fractured skull at age 8. And 8-12 concussions over the course of his life.

15 Likes

Depression is linked to concussions too

12 Likes

Dr. Hasson Did validity testing related to MBs claim of amnesia related to the actual shooting event. A VIP test.

The test revealed MB was being genuine about his amnesia related to the actual shooting event.

Dr. Hasson can’t tell if the amnesia was a result of the beating and head injuries, or psychogenic, and a result of distress and dissociative disorder.

5 Likes

8-12 concussions is no joke. Its also sad about how it was said he felt too macho to get help for things. The silent struggles of so many of that generation.

15 Likes

I sure hope these jurist believe in psych medicine.
Wrt validity and feigning

4 Likes

Another thorough witness for the defense.

5 Likes

I wonder what kind of cross we will get?

and 6 BOXES of facebook posts…

4 Likes

100%

The fact that he has been so successful despite these challenges? It speaks to what a brilliant, hard working person he is.

I don’t pray much. But I’m saying a prayer for him. I know he shot LK… but I think what happened to MB leading up to that, as well as what he suffered during his childhood? It is all mind boggling and really tragic. And I really really feel for the man.

26 Likes

Another doctor who NEVER wants to hear the word Facebook again.

7 Likes

Can I infer from the withdrawn question that MB chose to stay in jail because he was afraid for his own life?

7 Likes

I wonder if he was afraid he would commit suicide

7 Likes

I agree VHM. I really feel for him as well. No one deserves to be shot. But certainly MB did not deserve this.

9 Likes

Poor Michael…. This is heartbreaking

7 Likes

Dr. Hasson talks about 6 boxes of Facebook posts.

Geeeze. 2000 posts by RG.

Also… lots of text messages.

Dr. Hasson speaks about MBs reactions to LKs Facebook posts. Hasson read some of LKs posts aloud, and said MB was clearly terrified by them

8 Likes

My feeling was either that, or that he might do something outside his control to someone else - if he doesn’t remember the shooting he may be afraid of dissociating or doing something awful. On top of being afraid of others. I have no basis, it’s just the feeling I got.

3 Likes