Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

If they were aware of drugs and guns on the property maybe they would have done something.

2 Likes

Maybe I have too deep of a psych background on MY CV… but prosecution’s questions seem weird. We have just been schooled in what delusions are. Why are you asking simple questions trying to show MB wasn’t actually delusional.

9 Likes

Without a doubt! 100% intentional.

3 Likes

Completely agree.

I definitely think there was an element of the local PD and FD being irritated with the whiny, dramatic, rich horse people. And honestly… I get it. There is some truth to certain stereotypes.

But this situation was spiraling so wildly. LK was not your average bear. Nor was RG. And MB was a fragile man who was unraveling.

It’s all sad. Really sad.

15 Likes

Welcome aboard @DownYonder and @Virginia_Horse_Mom!

11 Likes

I just cant understand RC not seeing the severity of MBs mental state. He was in a trance at times, walking around in the dark, pacing, etc etc. Surely she saw what was happening to this man.

3 Likes

Will someone please tell Taylor to stop with the paper shuffling? ENOUGH ALREADY!

5 Likes

It’s all he has. Perhaps he does not want to decline cross and appear like he is folding.

These two experts have been bombshells, inho.

10 Likes

Only she knows why she did it.

1 Like

Dollars to doughnuts she deeply regrets giving him her gun.

6 Likes

Daddy-O really flew to NC to get in a barn owner’s face?
Good grief.

11 Likes

I have to say. I understand a man’s free life is on the line, and everyone wants to make sure that the jury has all the information they need to make a complete and informed decision, but…

As a working professional, I truly hope I am NEVER called as a witness nor an expert witness.

(Edited to add: Unless I reach a point in my career where I am at the candor level of Dr. Simring)

13 Likes

I’m sad for MB and LK. Mutually assured destruction. It sounds like they set off every weakness each other had. It also sounds like MB was having problems prior to this. We’ve heard all about LK’s earlier problems.

I’m sad for every family member and friend of both parties. It must be horrendous especially for what we have heard here from families with relatives with problems.

He is now at the scene with the weapon and he had motive. Three on-site witnesses, one ear witness all have similar stories.

Is the testimony enough for not guilty by insanity and self defense? Or other diminished charges, etc.? The outcome will be interesting.

4 Likes

AMEN! For 2 1/2 years! Especially by LK and her minions

11 Likes

I feel like at any moment the witness is going to tell prosecutor “listen up, whippersnapper, I just explained the whole thing. Now go get a Q-tip, clean your ears, and wash your hands for supper”

The guy is UNFLAPPABLE

31 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

I have to admit, I’m not very sorry for Lk, besides having to go through the trauma of being shot, that probably sucked.

21 Likes

oh I’m positive she does…I’m not trying to hate on her or anything I just find it so shocking.

1 Like

I knew it was a possibility… I didn’t realize how deeply horrific the reality of a psychotic break/disordered thinking would be.

4 Likes

Which is why he used MORE THAN ONE TEST.

7 Likes