Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I would hope so.

You are blessed to not know his antics…ticking timebomb imo

1 Like

Definitely there are, if you want to make the effort.

I don’t see LK’s medications ever being considered by IOC, and I don’t think FEI prohibits prescription suboxone. They prohibit certain narcotics. Could be wrong.

1 Like

Suboxone is banned. See buprenorphine.

9 Likes

The thing about banning her through SS or USEF would be purely symbolic since she doesn’t show anyway!

9 Likes

Which would be easy to do when they were all (very unfortunately) living in the same house.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Suboxone is banned and I doubt there would be an exemption.
Side note: If you eat poppy seed bagels and get drug tested, you will test positive for opiates.

4 Likes

But someone who dreams of being our next great olympic rider…being banned would ruin that chance. (Clearly, this is ignoring the whole ability and all that part of this equation.)

5 Likes

I appreciate how you and other posters kept us up to date on all the hearings and such throughout the case.

3 Likes

On behalf of the hay guy, I take offense at that suggestion. Lol.

17 Likes

Re poppy seeds, it’s true but you have to eat a LOT to actually test positive. Also, there is a metabolite present after heroin use that will be absent after poppy seed ingestion, so it can be differentiated.

5 Likes

Oh yeah and it was oddly comforting to know that SOMETHING worked normally when everything was going sideways. I was undergoing chemo and went out with a friend to eat sushi/sashimi (which I shouldn’t have done. Shhhh!) and was regarding my excellent sashimi sadly because it too tasted like cardboard. Everything tasted like cardboard. It could be wet, dry, crunchy or squishy - but it all tasted the same. Then the blob of wasabi hit the back of my throat and I started to cough and cry. I couldn’t taste it, or even feel the burn, but my body was reacting as it should.

That was years ago. I’m happy to report that I can mostly smell and taste my food (Covid in Feb 2020 did a number on me again). At least enough to appreciate sushi.

Anyway, it’ll make you cry!

8 Likes

Are FEI competitors routinely blood tested for substances? How does that work?

1 Like

My much less elegant response was going to be, “Sure, Jan.” Lol.

6 Likes

They certainly are tested!

FEI-level athletes are subject to drug testing both during and out of competition . FEI rules state that “international-level” athletes — as well as those competing in the Olympics and similar international-level events — are subject to testing.

3 Likes

Urine tests.

https://eventingnation.com/riders-given-one-year-suspensions-for-positive-prohibited-substance-tests/#:~:text=Jennie%20tested%20positive%20for%20Amfetamine%2C%20Methylphenidate%20and%20Ritalinic%20Acid.

Right, but how frequent is it? Before each event?

1 Like

every FEI show does random testing, but its very common. A steward watches you pee :slight_smile:

2 Likes