Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I wonder how much of that time he was talking vs MB?! Good lord!

11 Likes

And Hasson (sp?) spent well over 30 hours with him.

4 Likes

Hopefully the jury will see an over zealous Boy Scout that brags and commenting on MB’s appearance is unprofessional. He is trying too hard to impress and I hope it backfires. Will this ever end…

6 Likes

That is an excellent point, VAHorseMom. Hopefully Balinkas will seize on it.

2 Likes

Dr. H was stopped when he wanted to elaborate.

4 Likes

I’m 100% with you.

This guy comes across as insufferably impressed with himself.

No thanks.

6 Likes

I’m a few minutes behind on the live trial.

But did anyone notice that when this expert witness finally, finally, finally got done running down his résumé and the prosecutor asked him his first question about the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist, the witness turned it into another opportunity to talk about his résumé and teaching history some more? That was unreal.

Also, another very deadly drinking game would be to take a shot every time this guy removes his glasses and then puts them back on again.

5 Likes

And this guy is lecturing like it’s his classroom.

So much immaterial, anecdotal, name dropping stuff.

Yes the other two doctors interjected an amusing comment here or there but not like this.

9 Likes

This guy is way too much. I don’t even remember what the question was.

6 Likes

That isn’t a contradiction. The first defense psych said MB could remember up to and after the incident, just not the incident due to the head injury.

Also, the tests the second psych used, that tested in the 2nd percentile, didn’t test MB’s “memory” but his “working memory”. It’s two completely different things.

12 Likes

For those who have some expertise in the mind and memory - is it possible for a person to have excellent recall of many events, but have an amnesia episode regarding one event? Like, maybe if they were beaten in the head until they were unconscious?

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to watch this afternoon … what did he say about MB’s appearance? Was it about ways that would reflect his mental state (disheveled hair, unshaven, dark circles under eyes etc) or did he just take cheap shots at him?

This guy is giving me high anxiety. I need a Xanax. He is insufferable.

11 Likes

I know, they all said that.
But this hits different.

I’m absolutely swamped by this narrative.

2 Likes

Having been on a 4 week long murder trial a couple of years ago…I’d be going numb listening to him. I hate rambling. I prefer precise, concise information. I think the average person will tune this out after the first 10 minutes.

12 Likes

This guy is too much! I tuned out ages ago, I have no idea what he is talking about anymore

7 Likes

So, obviously is the judge…finally. Don’t know if the witness will get the point…

5 Likes

The appearance remark doesn’t really bother me, other than he’s using it as a set-up. It’s not that hard to ask, on cross, if another year behind bars with crappy food, no access to outdoors, no access to visitors, etc…could cause his appearance to further deteriorate. Jail conditions suck.

10 Likes

If the amnesia was trauma related, then I wouldn’t be bothered by time limited amnesia that was more or less event specific. Ie - concussions can lead to fuzzy event memories, car accidents that involve head injury often result in the person not remembering much of the incident.

7 Likes

I think he was asked if he recognized him in the classroom and he said “yes but he looked different than last time I saw him.” Prosecution asked him to elaborate and Witness said “oh he looked groomed, well dressed…”

Paraphrasing, mostly. But it was not positive.

3 Likes