Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Just popping in to say, these psychologists sure like to hear themselves talk :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Excellent point. Talking to this guy for five minutes would certainly drive me crazy. Or rather, listening to him. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hes acting as a witness not a therapist right now lol

1 Like

So true…but I’ve enjoyed listening to 2/3 of them.

2 Likes

This witness seems as if he’s had too much caffeine.

3 Likes

Ok, the judge made me laugh, that he needs a break.

6 Likes

I just think it was weird to comment on his appearance, when everyone can see him. He wasn’t really talking about after the event either, just how he looked right now. Never seen that in court before.

7 Likes

The judge needs a drink​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

A little snark from the judge… “I need a break…if you know what I mean.”

8 Likes

Independent of ‘side’ of expert, I’ll never drink the Rorschach Kool-Aid.

6 Likes

Of course. Amnesia is not really related to overall memory, sanity, intelligence, etc. Heck, several people here have experienced this exact phenomenon, being injured in a fall or something, and not remembering the events (whether they lost memories for a period of time from BEFORE the event, or after or during). Testifying to his overall memory is certainly a tactic to try and cast the amnesia into doubt - but in reality overall memory really has nothing to do with whether someone might have amnesia or not.

20 Likes

“Michael is highly intelligent.”
Um, was that actually in question???

3 Likes

I think it was so imply that his disheveled appearance is a defence tactic, not representative of how Micheal actually is

3 Likes

Absolutely accurate, based on my own experience with horse related injuries, as I said up thread.

4 Likes

I hope someone is telling this guy to be specific rather than pontificate, while they are chatting at the urinals.

For sure the Judge will say something to Schellhorn!

4 Likes

As if being intelligent makes him immune from LK and RG’s “charm”!

2 Likes

Or incapable of having mental illness. shrug

I hear this guy like all adults in Peanuts cartoons…

14 Likes

The psychologist did review all of the SM info, Audio recordings, etc. all that stuff the defense psychs said they couldn’t be bothered to review.

1 Like

MB was in a setting more familar to him at the time of the tests even if the setting was jail. This has got to be so overwhelming for him. He probably thought about this trial every day and how he imagined it would go. I don’t think he could keep up an act this whole time.

3 Likes

I thought the judge’s comment was very unprofessional, and I felt a little sorry for the expert witness. yes we all think it but no need to say it out loud and make the guy feel bad.

my opinion, this guys seems obviously paid for his opinion. I also felt similarly about Hasson when he was cross examined and almost couldn’t answer yes or no simply. I didn’t feel that way on direct; however, direct is not a rebuttal. perhaps that is the difference. NB: I have never watched a real trial with an expert witness so I have no baseline as to what is typical.

1 Like