Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Is it the nature of rebuttal that this witness doesn’t just answer the question, but goes off on tangents, life stories, tales of authors he knew and loved…??

5 Likes

Not sure this is helping the prosecution…

7 Likes

I was out buying wine. Has he mentioned his Twitter, Insta or website yet?

My colleague the late Ted Jones, who I assisted in research for his book The Thalamus (Oxford U Press) would have eaten this guy alive. These pompous asses abound in academia.

6 Likes

That the prosecution expert says it was all real might just lead to jury nullification, or clear self defense, no mh issues involved.

8 Likes

I just think…. How much would it affect you if you thought you were just being paranoid, so you did the research only to find your “delusions” were reality (ie recordings)… I just think that would mess anyone up, make you question everything…

5 Likes

Not guilty for self defense… now he rambling telling all the stuff the prosecution objected to…

4 Likes

That was my reaction too. LK told on herself with that whackadoodle post.

Honestly… I hope the jury finds him straight up NG… because there is simply no way to trust anything LK and RG testified to. We just don’t freaking know what happened that day at the farmhouse, other than the fact that LK got shot.

13 Likes

So if he wasn’t delusional/“insane” and LK really was dangerous … is he saying he acted in a rational manner in self defense? We’ve come full circle.

19 Likes

Of the assorted characters involved, I know exactly which one I would expect to call ICE for spite or revenge.

2 Likes

But presumably no matter how scared he was, he can’t go shoot them.

5 Likes

He mentioned the fear MB had of reporting for sexual assault…which is one reason they brought in the GM testimony I am thinking

2 Likes

GREAT POINT!!! Now he says “Lauren is very bright and creative” when he speaks about her posts!

7 Likes

We still don’t know how the shooting happened. No forensics or dna done

7 Likes

omg…I just an epiphany

2 Likes

This guy is a total liar. There is no way he read all the posts.

And describing LK as “bright and creative?”

Was her post about the death of girl Joey’s child “bright and creative?”

I feel totally sick.

33 Likes

Bright and creative? OMG I think he left out a bunch of other adjectives to say the least!

15 Likes

he read allllllllllll the posts. ALL the posts. I bet CoTH too…possibly even joined in?

20 Likes

No doubt… not disagreeing.

I just wonder how Simring and Hasson would defend their diagnoses in the face of Handelbar’s assertion that it’s not delusional because it’s reality.

I am under the impression that delusions can be based on reality but are expanded. But I’m not a MH professional.

4 Likes

Oh, that LK is so clever and original! Posting creative writing about her ex’s significant other on social media is so poetic!

/s

16 Likes

I would like to listen to his expertise without the incredulous tone. On and on and it makes me think he’s trying too hard to convince me of something.

I’m sure his interpretation is has some merit… But the incredulous tone irks me.

Also, this evaluation is looking at a man so far after the initial break and I hope that gets flushed out.

6 Likes