Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

The highlight of the day was when Defense brought back Dr H to as a rebuttal witness to Mr Narcissistic blow hard man. It was Epic and the takedown was fast and hard. Mr Prosecutor didn’t seem so happy after that. No questions …. Lol

19 Likes

I think there were implications that he was eyeballing MHG’s son.
That got SS probably faster on the horn than the gun thing.

1 Like

I wonder how the jury viewed that whole sequence.

Did they see it as one expert definitively coming out on top of the other? Or did they think it was just the battle of the blowhards with no clear winner?

2 Likes

I think the jury finally got an understanding of what the prosecution and judge had been trying so consistently to keep out of this trial…

14 Likes

Yes but CPS said is was not sexual allegations… I think it was about the “missing gun”.

5 Likes

Seems like LK definitely planted the seed though.
And obviously the gun was not missing…
Then again, nvm, LK and truth are acquainted only in passing…

7 Likes

My personal favorite moment was when Dr. H clapped back with “then he needs to review the literature” or something to that nature. An academic back-handed slap if I’ve ever heard one.

27 Likes

I’ve been musing on this all evening. The experts went on about scores, argued about validity and whose method they used and why, etc,

But what do you think stuck with the jury?

3 Likes

My favorite moment was on cross, when Mr B asked the moustache if he talked to Michael’s long-time therapist. Answer: “No.”. Q: “You never talked to her?” A: “No”. Mr B: “No further questions.” The tone, the look, everything about it was just so perfect.

22 Likes

That MB wasn’t able to tell right from wrong because of his fearful delusions and everything that happened to him was real and everyone was in fear.

16 Likes

Most of them are probably still wondering HOW Lauren got shot, not why. And if they’ve been paying attention, they’re probably wondering where Moustache got his version of the incident and why they didn’t hear that version. Plus, I would bet at least one jury member has had a concussion with memory loss, so they may just focus on that, figure he’s not faking amnesia and move on.

I like listening to experts, but man, all of that got old and dry.

10 Likes

59 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. I wonder what the statistics are on that one?

Especially since the jury is mostly male, which might indicate a higher proportion who could have had sports injuries along those lines. Football, etc.

6 Likes

I wish I better understood how MB could be suffering from delusions (which are intrusive thoughts not based in reality) when his delusions/fears WERE reality based, as Handlebars pointed out.

I really wish Hasson had explained that, but it was left hanging.

That’s what I’d be wondering as a juror… among many many many other things.

3 Likes

Priceless​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

“You’re one hundred percent sure that is your recollection?”
“Yes.”
(big eyes) “A hundred percent?” (meaningful look at prosecutor/jury)
“Yes.”

He did that several times over the course of the trial and it always coincided with a completely wrong recollection or total lie.

14 Likes

I think he would absolutely do the “little old me? What could I possibly bring? I’m nobody!” With a knowing twinkle in his eye.

4 Likes

I was hoping that would be the case… i think we all agree a head injury can cause amnesia.

1 Like