Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I haven’t had a chance to watch the state’s expert yet, but hoping to catch up tonight (and on this thread - I’m several hundred posts behind!)

1 Like

When you can’t understand something always follow the money.

15 Likes

MB probably does, even though that seems to be a pretty low bar.

I also noticed that Mr. Mustache went on at length about how smart MB was, talking about his multiple farms and his business and the number of horses and employees and all that. As if being smart means you could not also have serious mental health problems.

I’m sure quite a few smart people would beg to differ.

26 Likes

The judge even got snitty toward the witness about needing to take a break from his testimony…

I think the only one enamored with him was the prosecutor.

15 Likes

Looking forward to hearing your observations about the expert witnesses!

1 Like

Yay! More DH input. Good to know.

1 Like

The thought did cross my mind.

1 Like

Handlebars gives me a sort of “Dr. Oz” vibe … someone who had some legitimate credentials, but who will now use those credentials to shamelessly self-promote and lend weight to whatever pet theories he thinks will “sell.”

30 Likes

I think I actually shrieked this at the tv!

2 Likes

I believe Schlessinger chose that particular text from MB to MHG because his specialty is sexual crimes so he is naturally drawn to anything sexual. That said, I still think he’s an arrogant a$$ and made the defense experts seem more credible.

9 Likes

I prefer to think of him as Faux Sam Elliot - but yes, channeling Dr. Oz…

sam-elliott-big-lebowski

5 Likes

Does 48 Hours usually talk to the jurors afterwards? I would certainly be interested to see their impressions of all these witnesses.

3 Likes

I just checked out Paradigm Farm’s website. Oh, I hope she doesn’t give them trouble. Seems like a nice facility owned by a nice family. And I’m jealous because he’s done teacher training with Mary Wanless and trained with Heather Blitz. I wish I had a biomechanics instructor near me.

Why couldn’t I be born into a wealthy family and be shipped off to a farm like that?

7 Likes

Wish .com Sam Elliott? :joy:

11 Likes

I believe he has a WS position available. LK has plenty of room at her place.

4 Likes

There’s a saying in Psychology. ‘Research is Me-search.’ [Edit]

14 Likes

They did talk to 3 of the jurors in the 48 Hours about the Vertetis trial. That episode is actually interesting to watch if for no other reason than to see Mr B and Judge Taylor and the whole courtroom.

3 Likes

I’d be forever looking over my shoulder.

3 Likes

I wonder if the reason they thought he was confident rather than obnoxious and tiresome was that they only watched a brief clip. I’ll bet if they had to sit there and listen to him that entire time, they might have had a very different opinion.

Especially if they had to sit through that first 20-30 minutes of his résumé to start.

11 Likes

Did they talk to Mr. B and the judge?