Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

The Gone Girl movie and HBO miniseries for Sharp Objects didn’t REMOTELY do the books justice.

Dark Places absolutely broke my heart. I think Sharp Objects was her best though.

2 Likes

His Honor needs to go under review for the way he has systemically denied the admission of evidence that goes to the heart of the matter - i.e., evidence that MB not only had legitimate reason to fear them but also why he basically went insane from their relentless campaign to terrorize him and MHG (and coupled with the fact that the Keystone Kops would not help him).

The whole justice system of that municipality seems to be beholden to Klan Kanarek for some reason. And I hope 48 hours explores that angle during its coverage.

18 Likes

Hey Everybody-

I started a new thread on the trial since this one has gotten to be so long and hard to navigate. Could we please migrate over there to continue the (polite and respectful) discussion? Thanks.

5 Likes

Where would one find the Twitter discussion? I don’t go on Twitter much.

1 Like

I took a screencap, but couldn’t post it because the forum software was going bonkers before that shutdown. I kept getting error messages regarding the software configuration of the forum software. I’ll dig it up again and post it.

3 Likes

And they knew they would have to forego illegal drugs while testifying, plus she knew she would probably be blocked from SM during the trial. (As for the latter, I am fully expecting her to make a return here under a new username as soon as the trial is over - no matter what the verdict.)

7 Likes

Good points. MB had the vulnerability from previous trauma in addition to being the person of responsibility for keeping people and animals safe on his large and active farm.

The plot that he, according to the prosecution, was supposed to somehow take in stride, was actively being pursued by LK and RG to detrimental effect to MB, his home, his loved ones, and everything else on the farm. It doesn’t seem rational to ask someone to take active abuse in stride. Clients were leaving, and this demonstrates the results of the campaign to bring MB and MHG down by LK and RG was having the desired outcome - complete destruction of MB’s life.

4 Likes

That KarenK would be me :grin: And yes, I had made a comment on a tweet (not on LK’s page mind you) that LK decided to chime in on, replying to me directly…she, of course, refer to my name and me being a “Karen” hahahaha How unique! eyeroll…After a few tweets back & forth, she blocked me…darn!

14 Likes

How is that enforced, though? On the honor system? Because, you know…

3 Likes

It’s not, unless the state doesn’t want witnesses in this case.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m guessing that’s a typo? But if so, it is super apt for the current discussion.

10 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

I posted, numerous times on the L&C live chat, a phone number to call to report the judge.

5 Likes

I would not be one bit surprised to learn that the house was fine, but she had RG “gut it” enough to make it “unliveable” . And she told the folks at Paradigm there were problems with her house and they couldn’t stay there until said issues were fixed. So could they please stay in an apartment at the barn “for a few days.” And a few days stretches into a few weeks, a few months, and voila - they now have tenancy rights and Paradigm has to go through a formal eviction process to get them to leave.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots.

10 Likes

Yes… there are people who appear sober when testifying, and people who… just don’t.

6 Likes

Thanks!

I could be wrong, I am not a mental health professional so take it for what it is worth, but I believe delusional thoughts are based in some reality, perceived or in fact. They are the person’s response to real things and actions that are not considered reasonable or normal. So perhaps two people see a bird eating a worm, one person says oh that’s nature, or look at that, this bird’s diet is worms/bugs, etc, the other person sees the bird and believes that the bird was sent by the worm gods to torture the worm and punish him for some sin. Both saw the bird and the worm but the conclusions drawn regarding the intent of the bird and worm are different. One is perceived as reasonable, the other not so much.

11 Likes

I think the judge is trying to do his job. The appellate process, if this goes to appeal, is another place where he can be reprimanded,and publiclly, by other judges for making bad decisions. Judges do take that seriously.

He may not like Bilinkas, OR he may have been overcompensating because HE was blaming the victim too! It’s hard to say.

5 Likes

Oh, is that her profession? Ice cream taster?

3 Likes

Ask the mods to close the 1st one

2 Likes