Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Ooh we are getting to hear the arguments about the SafeSport/GM-related objection!

2 Likes

Whoopsie!

Judge: Is there any information that MB knew about GM’s ban when it was handed down?

No shade on the judge but I have to laugh at that given what huge news it was in the horse world.

5 Likes

whoa…this is intense! The Safesport thread needs to hear this.

1 Like

Prosecutor now says that GM and MB were buddies and GM was contacted by investigators for the Prosecution and had been informed that LK was using Safesport against MB, to which he replied that it would destroy his life.

4 Likes

I must confess, I cannot wait to hear where the prosecutor is going with this line of questioning. What on earth does George Morris have to do with all this? They don’t even do the same discipline!

4 Likes

I think it is all to show how seriously MB would take a threat from LK to report him to SS (i.e., motive for murder?).

8 Likes

The judge has gone off the rails here…

8 Likes

and MB told GM he was sorry it happened and that he supported GM.

The judge said that actually supports the defenses argument about MBs mental health to learn GM was banned for life the day before the shooting…and wonders why they don’t want to use that also.

5 Likes

I heard that, too. I wonder who said it?

2 Likes

Or simply more stress on an already distressed person.

6 Likes

Did I just hear that DCCP worker would testify?!

2 Likes

Yup, prosecutor just said basically what I did (that he wants to use it to go to motive).

3 Likes

They are arguing that MB found out about GM, and then shortly after learned LK reported him to CPS and minutes later he is going to try and kill LK.

No, DCPP won’t testify, unless called and the Judge asked if it was intended to involve them in the testimony.

Are we supposed to be hearing what they are discussing now?

Im pretty sure not, but it sure is juicy.

1 Like

Isn’t the judge trying to toss a softball to the defense right now?

Judge asked the Prosecutor if the DCCP worker would testify snd the Prosecutor replied with “I anticipate that she would…”

2 Likes

The part I took from that was that this poor guy had been living in the same apartment in the farmhouse for 15 years (15 years! That’s like 35 years in any other business!) before LK somehow got him shoved out of there.

Where did he live after that? I thought I remembered on a previous thread that there were apartments in the barn, but I have not heard that mentioned yet in all the discussion about the facility and where all the doors go in the pictures.

5 Likes