Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I kind of think someone forgot to turn off the audio, but as long as the jury doesn’t hear it, it won’t affect the proceedings, and the jury won’t be readmitted until they’re done. If they really wanted it to be private they would argue it in chambers.

3 Likes

Then judge seems to think that MB learning GM was banned for life and then seeing DCP&P (not sure of the name just what the judge said) show up, DOES play into MBs head space, learning that about a mentor would be influencial.

The defense lawyer is also arguing GM is innocent LOL judge told him it’s irrelevant.

2 Likes

I agree, questioning how much of LK’s antagonizing behavior contributed to this event does not mean victim blaming. She has contributed directly to the escalation and no, she should not have been shot. That doesn’t make her “innocent” or not responsible in some way to the end result. Her behavior is no way the same as a short skirt.

26 Likes

That doesn’t mean she’s scheduled to do so or that the Prosecutor planned to have her testify. She can simply be called upon to testify, as a public servant.

3 Likes

He bought a house in Wellington per social media.

1 Like

Dick Gray is also a retired attorney.

3 Likes

I meant in the summer of 2019 when they were all still in New Jersey.

Thanks. I can completely understand then, why MHG would ask her dad to come.

3 Likes

I hope they don’t delete the audio when they post the video on YouTube. I’ve completely missed this whole discussion, and now I’d like to hear it.

5 Likes

Ok, that makes more sense.

3 Likes

Judge is allowing evidence that GM received lifetime SS ban two days before the shooting because it goes to state of mind and motive. Bilinkas wants judge to then allow him to ask about LK’s complaint about MHG. Judge seems to think the result of the complaint is all that matters with respect to the shooting, and since the LK complaint wasn’t resolved until afterwards, he won’t allow it.

Is that what everyone else gleaned?

4 Likes

They are allowing it.

Bathroom break

received_267879148889693

1 Like

Did I just hear “how come these cameras are still rolling” ?

Ruh roh, guess we weren’t supposed to hear it

6 Likes

I understand that the prosecution is trying to argue that Barisone finding out about the George Morris ruling can be used to argue intent. But it seems to me that a good defense lawyer would jump on that as a significant contributing factor to Barisone’s alleged insanity. Any lawyers know why the defense would fight this point so hard?

4 Likes

I will say we are getting a very complete pictorial tour of the facility as the prosecutor seems to ask all these innocent questions of the witnesses before he gets down to the nitty-gritty.

Which leads me to my next question. Why was there a western saddle in the tack room?

3 Likes

Maybe they have a western dressage student. Just a guess.

2 Likes

@MHM I thought I heard JH mention he rode western at one point, perhaps it was his.

8 Likes

But MBs being accused doesn’t do the same to his state of mind?

Talk about timing, that GM would get booted right when SS sent CPS to MBs door thanks to LK and associates.

6 Likes