Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Nevermind.

1 Like

It was said that LK contacted Safesport and Safesport contacted the local authorities, who sent the worker out. The worker testified that she was there for a visit due to a referral from Safesport.

4 Likes

They filled claims against each other.

1 Like

Yep.

2 Likes

Eggbutt.

3 Likes

Bilinkas said it in his opening statement.

9 Likes

For those who missed it, RC testified that at one point during the days before the shooting, LK was feeding sugar cubes to RC’s horse, and RC was telling her to stop doing that, and videoing her at the same time because RC was worried about her horse’s welfare.

Just thinking back on a lifetime around barns, I can’t even imagine what the atmosphere must have been like for that exchange to happen.

25 Likes

@soloudinhere, quick question: Both yesterday and today, the judge said to Ruth Cox, “nice to see you again.”

From my extensive law background watching Law and Order, I don’t recall judges being so familiar with a witness. Is it proper to single her out like that, as though they had some connection outside the court?

1 Like

It was stated by the Prosecution that it was Judge Taylor that dealt with her charges and agreement. So they had met prior for that at least.

7 Likes

“Clearly you are unaware”. Why so rude?

Clearly I am not. I am reporting what I see. Has this happened to this judge on this case? No it hasn’t. Maybe if it does, you can report back and share your thoughts. It is possible to share them.

Not sure why every single piece of legal information or possibility needs to be posted with my comments? Stop assuming you know everything I know in life. Its boring.

2 Likes

Could still happen.

We’re only an hour and a half into the third day of a trial that could take a month.

9 Likes

These are randoms on the internet, they could be anyone and honestly most of the comments there arent anything I would want to share.

Literally internet randoms.

3 Likes

Am I understanding correctly that there was no gun shot residue on LK’s shirt? Would that mean that the shot wasn’t at close range? Or was the test inconclusive?

Also, I reviewed the testimony of MHG and the parts that had audio cut out in live feed are also cut out in the YouTube videos. These parts where where MHG explained what was happening with LK. I assume it was intentional.

4 Likes

Seems like they are arguing about allowing photos the victim took of herself to use in her own civil case. Taylor is disallowing at this point.

4 Likes

Does that mean they’re in violation only if they directly view or overhear other witnesses’ testimony? What about reading summaries of witness testimony on social media or a bulletin board?

I believe it is so he can hear what is said at the sidebars.

4 Likes

I thought so

1 Like

They probably brought in Cox to the Grand jury to get the indictment or a pretrial conference

1 Like

RC had testified the previous day, that’s why the judge was seeing her again!

2 Likes

The shirt sat in the rain for some time, so that may have effected it. Could also be bad testing.

1 Like