Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

In some of the top barns I’ve worked, no one was allowed to feed treats, for fear of contamination that might test.

10 Likes

I’m acknowledging this question and I’m going to only answer part of it intentionally.

While it’s not typical necessarily, I believe because RC is a doctor, he may have been doing it respectfully as to her honorific if he had previously met her, which it sounds like he had.

3 Likes

I have not posted threats. You must have have confused me with another poster.

1 Like

I noticed He was less so with CPS worker

1 Like

He did it the previous day too. I actually pointed it out in my brief summary of yesterday’s proceedings.

5 Likes

ignore

No. Not confused at all.

1 Like

I do not know the terms of the witness order as to whether it is a sequestration or exclusion order. I can’t answer this question.

2 Likes

Confirmation that JK is indeed NOT in the gallery.

3 Likes

She had also been in several video chats that Taylor was present in discussing her plea deal.

3 Likes

Thank you for that info. A former prosecutor could have unconscious bias in favor of prosecutors. And a political appointee? It would be very interesting to know about the stringer of fish behind his appointment. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Links for those interested in the NJ rules regarding admission or exclusion of evidence:

Relevance, prejudice, character evidence, etc:

Hearsay: https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/evidence/evidence8.pdf?c=AkD

5 Likes

Disallowed pictures of LKs wounds post emergency surgery. Too much for the jury. Heavens forbid anyone see what damage is done by two gunshot wounds to the chest.

5 Likes

He said it the first day, too.

Lauren is taking the stand…

15 Likes

LAUREN IS UP!

Buckle up

2 Likes

wow, considering what some courts see!

4 Likes

Judge specifically allowed a photograph that depicts the gunshot wounds from the front. He is disallowing photos taken by the victim outside of controlled circumstances where they do not materially change the finding that she received two gunshot wounds.

Grossing out the jury for no purpose is prejudicial. It’s very common that juries are shown limited photographs of dead bodies, grotesque injuries, etc or the photos are framed very specifically as to limit their nature so they are less likely to elicit a strong reaction.

25 Likes

So now her FB messages are being excluded based on who actually posted them.

1 Like

It is very hard to prove who posts on or uses ones social media, SM posts are rarely included in trials unless they have super solid proof who had the phone.

This is the issue holding back the case of Abby and Libby from Delhi IN currently.

5 Likes