Barisone Trial This Month

Hmm. Someone up thread (can’t remember who) said that she has her own money. I thought originally it was said that her family was supporting her. Does she support herself with, I don’t know, money from a job? Investments?

4 Likes

Maybe she has one or more sponsors to help her afford the boarding, training, etc.

4 Likes

Sponsors? Youd have to be a pretty good rider and a professional to attract sponsors. By all accounts shes a mediocre ammy. Im sure she loves ridi g but i w[uld never think of her as attracting spo sors.

23 Likes

Lauren’s father worked for EF Hutton (and maybe some others), as an attorney, and that’s where the money comes from, which paid for pretty much everything that Lauren has ever had, including the FL home she now lives in. It’s not uncommon for those Wall Street attorney jobs to come with solid six-figure salaries at the low and seven figures at the mid-level, which adds up over years to millions of dollars, especially with bonuses and advancement.

Given the price that Sweetgrass Farm sold for, her father could have certainly purchased it for Lauren if he wanted to, though there is no direct evidence whatsoever that supports the idea that he had any intention or desire to do so at any time, despite whatever notions or fantasies Lauren may have had rolling around in her noodle bowl.The owners of the property when MB was in residence were a well-off elderly couple who were patrons of his and they would have sold it in the near future anyway, as they are too old to have any real use for it and would have liquidated their holdings to pass the money on to family.

20 Likes

I would add the desire to obscure or bury the truth in the “Court of CoTh.” Seems to be an a vested interest in this.

That is an observation.

7 Likes

Not exactly on topic but the discussion about moving/not moving horses has reminded me of something else that I’ve seen on COTH - that some barn owners are very careful not to speak ill of boarders they want out of their barn ASAP, because if the boarder has a bad reputation, nearby barns will all suddenly be “full.”

I have no idea if any attempt was made to move the horses or not and I’m not implying that any reputation existed or had any bearing on the situation. But in hindsight, there’s a lot to be learned from this thread about what to do or not do if you are a trainer/client/tenant/landlord (or “long term host”) and you find yourself in a situation where warning signs start popping up.

15 Likes

I think many concur.

8 Likes

Nonsense.

3 Likes

I see your nonsense and raise another nonsense.

3 Likes

I see both your nonsenses and raise yous a balderdash!!

7 Likes

Hut_ho doesn’t realize that Dee-Vee’s post can be interpreted as applicable to either “side”. Aren’t we all discussing this horrible situation and trying to figure out “the truth”? Perhaps Hut_ho might want to go back and read the post Dee-Vee was responding to.

10 Likes

No they don’t. They use lithium batteries now. All of mine are wireless. No ripping up or even screwing in things needed. Also they don’t need to be secretly installed for them to not be obvious, but you also want them in a place out of reach where people can’t steal them.

8 Likes

Please keep in mind that leaving, is the most dangerous time for women. Often they have decided to leave long before, but the actual leaving is the danger. Ask me how I know. I’m part of the huge statistic.

10 Likes

I find it a bit ironic that its constantly asked why LK didn’t do this or that instead over every detail of her life, but its never asked why MB just didn’t shoot at them that day? Seems like the more important question.

13 Likes

?? You mean allegedly don’t you? Hasn’t that been the conversation for 2 1/2 years, the actual truth of what occurred that day?

Perhaps it has always been the struggle of most logical people why LK didn’t do more to get the heck out of Dodge based on the extreme SM posts she made prior to the event. Who posts their fear over something rather than escaping that fear? It has never passed the smell test for many.

10 Likes

Oh, it’s been asked over and over, but since MB’s team has wisely said nothing in public, we don’t know what the specifics of his defense will be, particularly in why/how the actual shooting happened.

22 Likes

I believe you will be shocked.

4 Likes

Taser, taser, taser.

Were MB not incarcerated and had he also made the ridiculous choice to post on this forum you can bet your Sweet Grass I’d be asking him questions by the ton as well, looking for holes in his story.

The fact that you don’t even consider this possibility says far more about you than me.

21 Likes

This makes me wonder what was available then, when this happened. Not now. But then. What was the commonly available home security camera system then.

I know the cost of these things has gone way down in the last year and there many easy to install options just about anyone can buy.

4 Likes