Barisone Trial This Month

Plus I believe that arrangement would have no effect on anyone’s amateur status.

4 Likes

It would not.

2 Likes

This exists. I personally know someone who benefits from it.

2 Likes

No this exists. Like a single-party syndicate kinda. I personally know someone who benefits from this type of arrangement. Not sure if the “sponsor” has more riders or not.

2 Likes

Other a friend or family member, why would someone sponsor an amateur especially one that’s not taking the region or country by storm?

3 Likes

This is a good point.
One I had not thought of before.

3 Likes

Not sure what her motivation is. She’s got more money than Germany, and quietly sponsors this rider.

Eventing is the discipline. I’d guess most people know the rider’s name, but she isn’t a big-timer. EDIT: If you know this rider, she often thanks this sponsor in her Facebook posts.

4 Likes

Does that rider compete as an amateur? The USEF rules for amateurs are quite specific.

3 Likes

No she does not. She’s sponsored by many smaller companies, but her main financial backing comes from a single individual behind the scenes.

1 Like

That’s cool.

And for some posters - there are definitely people out there with more money than they will ever need and like to quietly sponsor people for any number of endeavors - sports, art, education, start up business, etc… They don’t do it for recognition, they do it because they can, and perhaps they also got a leg up early in their life that allowed them to have the funds they do now. Their reward is helping others, not accolades.

16 Likes

Yes, that makes no sense to me. Most people who hand out horses to ride are looking for a return on that investment: sales or breeding. A no-name amateur isn’t necessarily going to improve the horses sale-ability.

3 Likes

The person isn’t an amateur, she’s Pro. But she’s still not taking the region or country by storm. She’s ridden a handful of advanced on horses she brought all the way through the levels herself. @Mersidoats I can’t speak for the sponsor’s motivation. All I know is that it happens, without any intention to make a breeding or sales profit on the horses being campaigned. Just someone with more money than God helping someone out who could never financially do it on her own. I think it’s great!

25 Likes

Is LK a professional rider?

1 Like

I did this, where?

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

People with money to toss around do a lot of strange stuff.

7 Likes

None of my cameras, on my rented property are electric. They are all battery operated and connect to smartphone apps. Most of the popular cameras on the market do. Took me very little time to install.

Edited a typo, and ETA, since there were questions upthread. Mine all installed circa 2016, and popular brands: Arlo, Ring, Blink, though there are many others. Even my Simplisafe alarm system is battery… although I don’t have the cameras. See: https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-security-cameras-and-surveillance-systems.html?utm_source=sem&utm_medium=p2&gclid=CjwKCAjwiuuRBhBvEiwAFXKaNFndfDRJnGQGnI3mH7_ofy5yQTb6vwE70Kdr0dLZ2U52hBGixGGi1xoC4mUQAvD_BwE

3 Likes

If I were a corporate or business sponsor, I would not want my brand associated with a well publicized and ugly situation. So I would have walked 2+ years ago irrespective of which of the two I was sponsoring. And consistent with above comment re her ammy status, yes some individual may have been supporting her - but if I were a betting person, my money is on Dad.
Re the civil suit against MB et al, if she gets a sizeable monetary award, one has to wonder what’s really available to pay it? His legal bills are not small, there’s obviously been no income earned, and the farm in Fla. is likely mortgaged… It sucks to win a judgement and not ever be able to collect - years ago I won a judgement related to a default on a mortgage - not tons of $ by any definition, but the guy was in big financial trouble and committed suicide, so I got ZERO.

8 Likes

This again. I know it was over 200 posts ago - but I have been involved in RL and did not get back here for a while.

What “MB influence”? What “following”? It seems that if you are not someone who is constantly praising LK and finding all sorts of reasons/explanations/conspiracies as to why she did or did not do something… that surely you must then be a MB fangirl. Yeah, no.

Heads up - most of us just want to follow along with the events and the upcoming trail - and are not overly invested in any of this. Thus, we are not fans or acolytes of anyone involved. I find it a bit odd that some who allegedly have ZERO connections with anyone involved in this are extremely invested in it for some reason and will endlessly harangue other posters with their theories and accusations… far more than just the 85% of us reading and posting in these threads who are just discussing the case… or I should say… trying to discuss the case at times.

27 Likes

To go along with the not fan girl thing - it is possible to not like either side of a debate discussion. I know that is hard for some of you believe, but it can and does happen frequently.

13 Likes