Barisone Trial This Month

Here is an interesting summary of self defense claims in NJ:

And here is information about insanity pleas in NJ:

I’m really not sure that a lot of the details being discussed here over the last few years are going to matter at trial as much as many are hoping they will. We will find out soon enough.

4 Likes

Sorry, but this made me think of the final episode of Seinfeld when a vast array of characters from the previous decade showed up to chime in at the trial.

8 Likes

I can’t agree with you more. I hope the pure, unadulterated truth of the entire situation comes out and a jury gives a fair verdict.

7 Likes

The back and forth this morning reminds me of a quote from Princess Bride:

“I’ll explain and I’ll use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.”

8 Likes

Would those witnesses have to travel to New Jersey for the trial? Or could they do it via Zoom from their current locations?

2 Likes

The do trails via zoom?

I never imagined that would be a thing.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about a Far Side cartoon of a bear family watching a little blond girl go by and one stating “that’s Goldilocks, I hear she sleeps in everyone’s bed.”

1 Like

I don’t know about a criminal trial (or trail, for that matter :grin:), but every single hearing I’ve attended in the last year for probate court for my uncle’s estate has been via Zoom. Hell, as we’ve talked about in the WFH thread, I clean up my top half for the camera and half the time are still in yoga pants on the bottom half.

7 Likes

I don’t know. That’s why I asked the question.

But if we’ve learned anything in the last two years, it’s that it is not always necessary to be physically present to participate in an exchange of information.

1 Like

That was a good typing error for a horse forum. I shall leave it so everyone else can laugh too!

4 Likes

At least you’re wearing pants! More than some people do, I’m sure. Lol.

3 Likes

For sure. It’s also lovely to have to shush the terrier while answering the judge’s questions :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I think everybody’s had to learn to just roll with it a little bit when the pets make an appearance. This is an exchange from virtually the only account I follow on Twitter, Jorts the Cat. Highly recommend, by the way.

13 Likes

[/quote]

If you have proof that your post is true, not just something you believe, why did LKs threats of suing you for libel bother you at all?
[/quote]

Why? Asked already and answered.

Plus, I loathe bullies.

11 Likes

Who’s to say that was the third bullet fired? Maybe it was the 1st or 2nd bullet fired.

8 Likes

I wonder how many people in LK’s past has she threatened into hiding? Seems her threats are a subtle form of black mailing someone…shut up or I will sue you or sic my attorney daddy on you. Sure must have worked frequently in the past if it’s still her MO.
Interesting to ponder, isn’t it?

23 Likes

I believe it to be her modus operandi.

13 Likes

I’m here for this.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure if my dog could text, the conversation would mostly revolve around whether or not it was meal time. Even more so for the cat.

16 Likes

Yes. Every five minutes.

Is it time for a snack? How about now? Can I have a snack? I am hungry, I need a snack! Can you please leave the snack cupboard open while you are at work so I can more easily feed myself during the day?

5 Likes