Barisone Trial This Month

Interesting observation, where does it come from, or on what is this statement based ?

11 Likes

Erm
 at point blank range?
Because that is the other half of the done to death statement.

6 Likes

The one that has crossed my mind lately is Witness for the Prosecution. Hopefully the trial will not end up exactly the same way.

2 Likes

Wierd statement from hutho. I mean none of us enjoy being screamed at or insulted. Especially by clients on our own property. You don’t need to be a fragile narcissist to hate being insulted, threatened, bullied, etc. No one likes this.

25 Likes

Haven’t seen them posting here.

14 Likes

No, my apologies; I thought you were speaking more generally about posters here, and I thought I might be included in that group, so I answered for myself. I didn’t realize that you were speaking specifically about IM, but there’s no need for you to find the posts for me. Thanks for offering though!

1 Like

The quote you have there in italics is a quote from Bilinkas. I’d be interested in seeing the direct quote from the state expert.

“Some type of fear” is not the same as “fear your life is in imminent danger”.

1 Like

Someone trying to sound macho or dramatic. :roll_eyes:
ETA: And I say that as retired military.

22 Likes

Already answered.

2 Likes

Well, and the “MB needs to be adored” bit too.

4 Likes

There has been a whole set of posters, not just IM, who have pretended to be independent at first, and then have shed that neutrality to make admissions that they have more connections than the average bear to LK and facts of the case.

15 Likes

I have. At least two. If they haven’t said it though, how would you know one way or the other?

2 Likes

Ok then I am definitely not in that group. But I still think MB is not insane and was not acting in self defense when he shot LK and shot at RG. We will find out soon enough.

6 Likes

A term everyone should familiarize themself with

Paltering is the active use of selective truthful statements to mislead. The term as applied in psychology and mediation studies was developed by researchers at the John F. Kennedy School of Government in the late 2000s. The first known use of palter to describe acting insincerely or deceitfully was in the 1580s.

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/why-one-must-not-palter-when-negotiating

10 Likes

I was totally expecting it to be related to a time JFK used the technique. Lol.

A companion article might be just as interesting
How to spot a liar.

“Telltale signs may include running of the mouth, an excessive use of third-person pronouns, and an increase in profanity.”

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/how-to-spot-a-liar

6 Likes

Yes
 the feigned innocence ended up being disproved by their own words. I hate it when that happens.

11 Likes

That statement sounds like someone with a cross to bear - who is closer to the action in some way than they would have us believe. Very odd indeed. Or maybe they have their own individual axe to grind.

Was that enough metaphors?

9 Likes

Are you suggesting Hut-ho “is closer to the action” than she “would have us believe”? Is that supposed to discredit her posts?

If any poster is empathetic with the gunshot victim, you simply can’t believe that they came to the thread as a neutral party?

4 Likes

I found the whole IM interlude very very strange. The children’s cartoon name, the arch coyness. At first I thought it could be LK because she will occasionally aim for archness, but she can’t sustain it and will devolve into screeching again. As far as I could see, IM had no new factual evidence or details, though some novel interpretive claims such as LK actually liked MB.

The mods declared IM not connected to LK’s IP address, and over time I decided IM was too sustained and calm a voice to be LK. However, I did feel we were being trolled. It could have been someone unconnected to LK IRL who just wanted to troll COTH with effective use of details that were already public knowledge here. So yeah, it could have been a friend of LK or it could have been a neutral person who just wanted to wind us up by posing as a friend of LK until that got boring.

We’ve certainly had long time posters here maintain multiple accounts with different personalities to stir things up in the past.

11 Likes