Barisone Trial This Month

I’m going to keep in mind the half-halt and pulley rein images. With the trial starting soon and some of the really knowledgeable posters, can we police ourselves and bring the snark down to a dull roar?

Does anyone really want to get another thread locked?

Fair enough. I don’t know anyone involved.

1 Like

YD used to say that too.

17 Likes

I am not YD.

2 Likes

Uh, one case, summed up in a news article you read, does not make something a “standard playbook.”

If an attorney is not allowed to mount a defense, well, I guess there goes due process and all those other rights out with the bathwater.

22 Likes

I’m so sorry @hut-ho78…please enlighten us exactly what MB’s current state of mind is. Have you spoken with him or traded correspondence or spoken with anyone who has? I’m sincerely curious what you imagine his state of mind is.

18 Likes

Just impressions from watching the brief hearing. Thank you for posting the link.

1 Like

Has anyone heard any news from the proceedings this afternoon?

3 Likes

Everyone let’s just keep in mind…now that the witness list have likely been exchanged, the goal is now to close the thread.

19 Likes

Still wrong. As in incomplete.

5 Likes

Watching someone with a handset to their ear staring at a computer screen absolutely does not indicate any state of mind other than watching the proceedings. I think he said one or two words without discernable emotion…“No, your honor”.

Please don’t read imaginary images into what you watch on line.

7 Likes

I interpreted her post as saying MB might have gone on to kill LK, RG, or others if not subdued by RG.

2 Likes

So true!!

3 Likes

What a stretch. You people have watched too much TV.

LOL. The actual moderator just came on and said that.

Maybe YD came back as a moderator!

4 Likes

It isn’t an attack. I am asking a question about your post.
Why are you apprehensive?
And what can you do personally to prevent what you are apprehensive about?

3 Likes

You’ve also said that you have proof that LK did in fact post on FB that she owned a Ruger, doubling down instead of admitting that you might have been mistaken. Bold move.

1 Like

Uh, LK did post about her gun. I saw it also.

12 Likes

Presumed innocent until proven guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt) applies to a standard (negative) defense.

In the affirmative defense of NGI, in most states it’s presumed sane until proven insane.

We’ll know soon enough if that’s the presumption in NJ.

1 Like

If she never said that, then your stating that she posted that is a lie. That’s the “problem”.

1 Like