Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Figuratively. Figuratively sweating bullets. Bullets were not coming out of his pores.

Pet peeve when people miss-use those two words. Carry on.

19 Likes

Well, maybe if RG is capable of LITERALLY sweating bullets, he really COULD have been the one who shot LK. He might have been sweating and stressing about moving or doing the laundry and accidently shot LK while flexing his muscles…

17 Likes

I was surprised to learn that Princess Bride actor Cary Elwes was bitten by a rattlesnake this past weekend. I hope he is ok.

7 Likes

According to this article, he is recovering well. It includes a picture of his finger, which looks pretty darn wonky.

Also, there is a link at the bottom of the article for a very entertaining oral history on the making of The Princess Bride.

3 Likes

He needs to have one of the swords ready next time he is out working in his yard. Poor guy, the finger looks awful.

2 Likes

Hmmm

I’m not entering into the tit for tat you seem to have with Eggbutt about who did what when, but “the letter from jail” was one of the saddest things I’ve read. There was no “bombshell” about how he remembered everything and he was foxing (as was suggested by LK), it was several pages of how awful it was in jail, not just for him, but for everyone incarcerated there, and no mention of LK or the case at all. That poor man has spent well over two years basically rotting, locked inside a fairly awful place during a global pandemic, when he used to spend most of his life outdoors with his family, friends and animals. He was using his commissary money to buy things for other prisoners who couldn’t afford them, it was heartbreaking.

45 Likes

This. I have only seen it within the last 24 hours due to this thread and it is precisely as you described: heartbreaking and honest. For me, it causes me see MB in a favourable light. Even within the hell scape of jail while still considered innocent, he was still helping others. The contrast with the shooting victim and her family and companion/employee could not be more stark or more unfavourable to them.

Anyone referencing any kind of bombshell or confession in the letter I can only assume is not a native English speaker as there was absolutely nothing about the incident in it at all. Nothing.

I think given what we all watched play out in the court room and the posts here that have aged as well as raw fish, we can safely stop giving any credence whatsoever to ‘titillating assertions’, of which there have been so very many lo these past 2.5 years, of bombshells on the way.

Well, except for the ones revealed by the defence or by the star witnesses about themselves. Eesh!

37 Likes

I too have just read the letter for the first time in the past 24 hours and it’s exactly as described above. There is not one word about the incident but rather is entirely a description of the state of incarceration and what it’s like in that jail as others describe above.

It is one of the most gut wrenching, saddest things I’ve ever read.

Anyone who asserts there is a gotcha moment or that it’s any type of admission of guilt is a bald faced LIAR.

Anyone who asserts it anything other as described above is delusional, crazy and is hoping their absurd claim is believed because few people have read it.

And it’s due to this fact that more people such as myself received it recently, to combat the lies and attempt to deceive the members of this forum and attest as to the true contents of an anguished man suffering in disgusting conditions.

38 Likes

This is a really interesting point. One side of this debate is constantly trying to assert, without supporting evidence of any kind, several things disparaging to MB. We all witnessed that, out of nowhere and after 2.5 years of discussion, one poster recently started to push a narrative they would copy-paste with regularity:

• age-related issues: really? early/mid-50s? what a super weird/sad stretch
  • divorce-related issues: amply covered by others noting many people, including LK, have experienced divorce with no major downside
  • money-related issues: again, zero evidence that the divorce settlement caused money-related issues as that amount compared to his net worth is an unknown
  • business-management issues: again, no evidence he wasn’t functioning perfectly well with the staff he had (all of whom we saw in court seemed lovely and competent on the stand)

Now the letter assertions are resurrected after the above narrative has been thoroughly dismantled. Again, of course, how does the saying go, without ‘back up [for their] titillating assertions’. I agree that it looks like they are hoping to throw out vague references to scandalous content and hope most people will never see the letter and discover their lies.

Nice set of folks there. :roll_eyes:

By contrast, the assertions about LK, RG, their hired guns, and even their families are all based upon information gained from the civil filing, the criminal case, the family rap sheets, and posts by LK herself. Again, quite a contrast.

And, finally, they lie. They have admitted to lying, they’ve been shown to lie, yet for several posters here that’s okay and doesn’t effect their credibility at all. That I truly do not get.

At this point I don’t believe anything they say. When seeker1 humble bragged that she was going to volunteer at a ‘food kitchen’ I didn’t believe it. I read it as just an attempted holier-than-thou put down of posters here. Now, to be honest, I’d think there might be a good chance she is volunteering, but as court-mandated public service for yet another assault charge. :astonished:

Seeker1 seems not to be all that familiar with the Bible for someone who likes to reference it. Or, perhaps, she skips Ash Wednesday services as a rule? Matthew 6:18 ring a bell? Even if she does volunteer and help others, bragging about it to put others down flies in the face of:

“so that your fasting will not be noticed by people but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”

I believe 2 verses earlier the hypocrites are mentioned. :thinking:

These people are as phony as they are absolutely without any moral fibre or socially redeeming qualities whatsoever.

45 Likes

Interesting for me personally here. I was unaware of that Biblical passage. On my own I developed a mantra of when you do a good deed you keep quiet about it. Only good deeds done in secret are worthy of heaven’s grace.

But I learned that when you do that it screws you up. I recently had people close to me not believe something I did because for 20 years I had stayed silent on it and now after having been called a liar after mentioning the deed, I can no longer be in their presence.

Relationship gone.

Well enough about that.

14 Likes

Are you guys reading the letter from jail rather than a summary? If so, where did you find it?

1 Like

I cannot answer for @Knights_Mom, but I am reading the letter itself.

I believe from her description of the letter and from her statement that she read it, that she read the letter.

I am not aware of any summary that may be around.

3 Likes

How profoundly disappointing. Those people sound like…not quality people. I’m sorry you found out especially in that way that they were not who you thought they were.

People can really suck sometimes.

For what it’s worth, I’m not usually a Bible quoter. Only when someone else tries to put down others and elevate themselves using selected biblical passages does my Catholic kid upbringing come back into sharp focus. Mind like a steel trap sitting through decades of Ash Wednesday Masses! :rofl: More to the point, I remember not only the Word but the underlying Lesson.

Seeker1 gets the Bible right about as often as LK gets the law right. It’s annoying to see both of them trying to put down others and puff themselves up with what amounts to a thumbless grasp of whatever body of knowledge they are trying to associate themselves with at any given time.

29 Likes

The letter itself. It was passed along to me.

That local jail system rises to cruel and inhumane standards especially considering that most the inmates are still presumed innocent.

The conditions seem to be intentionally designed to break people down and to remove any hope.

There is no standard of justice whatsoever.

I’m sure if someone with malignant tendencies caused another to be incarcerated there, they would delight with glee to read of the suffering that jail imposes.

And thank you, @FitzE.

22 Likes

I just assumed they were making things up, you are more generous than I am in this situation.

@hut-ho78, I am not sure who posted what you quoted, but I did not write the long paragraph. I wrote the one line about begging for money.

3 Likes

I do honestly wonder if LK and her family and friends took the same legal advice that MB and his family and friends did (e.g. don’t speak publicly about this, let us deal with this), if the jury would have decided differently.

19,000+ pages of social media rantings, admitted lies and stories did only one thing, they provided Mr B and his team with priceless information, and gave the jury reasonable doubt. Oops.

Even at his darkest point, MBs communication from jail was asking for money for others who couldn’t afford items from the commissary, talking about how awful things were for everyone in his facility, with no mention of the event. Class will out, and it did.

42 Likes

This is the t-shirt - or the title of the 48 Hours programme. Sums it up perfectly. He showed more class in jail stripped of everything he had than they ever have living their high life of ‘unlimited means’.

Seems the Book of Matthew would make a good study for them: “And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 19:24

28 Likes

I don’t feel the need to read the letter. It is private. But thank you for sharing the jist of it to combat misinformation. Thank you Knights_Mom, as usual your posts are informative and thoughtful.

31 Likes

@CurrentlyHorseless and now I guess @hut-ho78 is trying to join in, I have read all of your posted things but none of them truly answer this question. I do appreciate that you made an effort to find the answer, but I am still truly wondering where that was said. I am willing to admit there are times that I do not read every post, so I can miss things. But that seems like something I would remember if I read it.

I have included the quote that my question is based on and my question so there is no confusion. Thank you for the effort so far, I look forward to seeing the answer when you find it.

4 Likes