Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Or, MHG calling 911 the day after the shooting cuz JK was there banging on doors or something I don’t remember exactly now. I’d have to go find that 911 call again.

7 Likes

Good points everyone.

What a bizarre bizarre case.

I wonder what the PI report contained. Seriously wonder.

5 Likes

When you discover all sorts of nefarious things and rap sheets in multiple states it can be VERY alarming if you’re sharing a roof with 2 such people.

21 Likes

It was pretty dang thick. I’d love to see that, just out of pure curiosity.

5 Likes

If there is a civil suit with LK vs MB, will Bilinkas defend MB again?

Or, could MB sue LK, with Bilinkas as prosecutor for MB?

I’m not well versed in legal stuff. Honestly I’d really like to see Bilinkas in action again. And Dr. Simring too.

1 Like

Presumably the PI report will come out during the civil trial, along with who knows what else. If they decide to go through with it.

8 Likes

Judge Taylor refused to allow a “self defense” option. I, and many others, still believe it was self defense. Taylor insisted there was no evidence of self defense. Uh-huh.

20 Likes

Mr Deininger is Michael’s attorney in the civil suit. With the blowhard that called the verdict a fraud and the jury temporarily insane representing LK.

I’d like to see Mr D bring Mr B in for a round or two with that guy.

14 Likes

I wonder if there’s any legal reason that someone on Michael’s team couldn’t make that information public, if they wished to?

3 Likes

Earlier there was a discussion on out of state subpoenaes. There was a law passed in 2014 adopting a new procedure to which several states have agreed. It’s just a standard subpoena. Not sure why it came up again. We went over it on another thread.

https://casetext.com/rule/florida-court-rules/florida-rules-of-civil-procedure/rules/rule-1410-subpoena

I imagine they are going to sit on it until they need it for the civil suit.

7 Likes

We’ve already heard through 2 years of these threads about assaults, DUIs, shootings (not the MB one), drug use, disappearances, threats, cyberstalking, harassment, restraining orders, animal abuse…if that’s only the tip of the iceberg I shudder to think what else there could be.

28 Likes

Judge Taylor very may well have done/said that but to me the jury went over his head and the NGI was exactly that, self defense.

Eta. I’m not referring to was he assaulted before the shooting as Taylor was, im referring to his mental state of self defense

10 Likes

Best for anyone associated with Michael’s team to wait until after the civil litigation proceeds.

Someone else who is curious could probably just pay a fee to a background check service though, and get LKs and RGs complete arrest and conviction records in NC… and I believe it’s completely within forum rules to publish that information on this thread.

If there is nothing noteworthy in their records… then it shouldn’t concern anyone. If there is… then I fully expect an outraged sock puppet to quote this post and yell at me about it, and how cruel and unfair such a thing would be to LK and RG in 5,4,3,2 ….

15 Likes

“I’m not a fan of the last episode. It came across as some sort of PR cleanup and rah-rah cheering for Anna. Who is a thief and con artist. The build up to it was so good and then a resounding thud.“

Right?! I was screaming at the lawyer and reporter - why do you care about Anna so much? There was zero redeeming character arc or any explanation of why those two professional people felt so much for her. A real dud of a finale.

5 Likes

I know! Every time Mr B held that report up I thought, man that’s thick. Sure does appear they have left quite a trail behind them.

9 Likes

Multiple states. Multiple people.

Saw a TV ad for a movie once that began with "The family that preys together… "

13 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Why in the heck didn’t JK request a civil standby from the police? He’s a lawyer. Presumably he knew going there could be volatile and bringing a cop would be wise.

5 Likes