Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

…then held onto to the umbrella just as the chair fell…

2 Likes

Actually, this is inaccurate. During the trial I followed some of the links and suggestions to some of the true crime sites. If you think what people are discussing here re: the Kanareks is bad, whoo boy, you might want to take a quick canter through some of the true crime sites.

Those folks do not mess around and they are used to doing all kinds of research and they are good at it, it would appear. Not gossip and guesses, screenshots. Turns out NC is not the only state in which you can pull up someone’s long list of charges. :dizzy_face:

16 Likes

Ah, ok, thanks. Did the moderators actually say that? I’ve been wondering about that and also about her Facebook account closing. Just seems strange that all of a sudden her accounts went quiet.

1 Like

Random guess. She may have gotten a little more attention than she bargained for on her social media accounts after her appearance on the witness stand. :thinking:

6 Likes

Are you speaking of this case or in general?

1 Like

Link? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please share the site/link Tia

For some reason I had too many windows open earlier today - and never sent this reply…

What posters have been saying was that the final straw was CPS arriving that morning… I do not recall anyone saying anything much about sexual abuse claims - if anything at all. And it certainly did not happen “hundreds of times”. That suggestion just seems to have morphed into being out of nowhere in recent posts in this thread…

As far as LK saying anything repeatedly on this forum or anywhere else online, remember that she clearly stated that she lies a lot on SM… so it may be hard to determine exactly when she is actually saying something truthful.

#shrug

@NSC_Los_Angeles - your comment was extremely inappropriate. Really the best case scenario would be for you to delete it - and smarten up, ASAP. WOW.

10 Likes

I think Mr. Barisone’s attorney said that CARDS would be welcome. Sent To Michael Barisone in care of Attorney’s address. Mr. Barisone’s name to be put above the attorney’s name and address.

From my perspective (having experience with psych), in Mr. Barisone’s situation, letters from strangers would probably not be appropriate at this time. A cheerful card with the sentiment of “wishing you the best” “thinking of you” (or something of that nature) would probably be most helpful. NO mention of L.K. or of anything else that has happened.**

If you care about his health, you should lend nothing more than a general show of support and good wishes. He has been spied upon and has had his private life made public.

Well wishers should not, albeit unintentionally, contribute to the difficulty of having his personal life laid bare in public. So, in my humble opinion, if you wish Mr. Barisone well, keep your communications to a cheerful card with a short message of good wishes.

Don’t contribute to the pain of him having his life turned upside down for the world to see, by writing him letters if he doesn’t know you. Not at this early time in his recovery.

The fact that anyone nowadays bothers to send a simple card in the mail, will no doubt show him that you care. :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

I can’t remember which one. I clicked through a bunch of things and it was 2 weeks ago. But, someone US based could just search under the names. There were screen shots for all three names in NJ. I’m outside the country so I cannot access those sites. Do you remember someone posted the screen shots from a search of LK’s name in NC way back in one of the original threads? It was like that, but in NJ. I don’t know the site or the county or whatever, but the screenshots were like the NC ones with the name, date, the offense, the court, etc.

My point is, what is discussed here is quite mild compared to what’s gone on since the trial exposed these folks to the wider interwebz where there are people who search and post this stuff with ease b/c that’s part of what true crime fans do; they look up the players and piece things together. It reminded me of a very lite version of that podcast Serial where thousands of people started to comb through phone records and researched all kinds of things about cell towers, etc. to assess the state’s case against the man who was convicted.

9 Likes

Please flag posts that you find unacceptable. I have, but it takes more than one member to catch the moderators attention on this thread.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly, Mr B started to mention that there was an accusation of sexual abuse and Schellhorn jumped up and he and the judge shut it down really quickly. I haven’t rewatched any of the testimony, but I do remember something like that happened. I’m pretty sure there was at least a bare mention and then it got shut down - fast!

5 Likes

On the true crime sites, what did the commenters think about the judge’s behavior in the case?

I would think most of those people did not have an opinion on either side to begin with, and if they watch a lot of trials, they probably know what is normal behavior and what is not from the bench.

2 Likes

I had the impression that, that was where Mr. Barisone’s thoughts went, not that it was reality . He wasn’t thinking clearly at that point in time, obviously.

3 Likes

A couple people stuck up for him, saying he was just keeping to the rules. But the overwhelming majority thought he was helping the prosecution, making too many objections himself (as opposed to waiting for objections to be made by prosecution) and had a clear bias against Mr B. They would name specific judges they liked or didn’t like and compare Taylor’s handling of the case to other judges with whom they are familiar.

The impression I got is that they collectively have a TONNE of experience over many jurisdictions and this is their hobby, like horses are to us, and they had a lot to say!

5 Likes

@NSC_Los_Angeles that was way, WAY over the line

Could be. I got the impression that Mr B did know what the report was about and was going to discuss it but was shut down. I could be wrong though!

Agreed. When I first read it, I wondered if it was meant as a super inappropriate ‘joke’ just because I remember that LK told GirlJoey that she should overdose, so I first read it as referencing that text. Not that that’s not also inappropriate, but it is a bit different.

2 Likes

I did too.

It was one of the errors that the prosecutor pointed out in Dr Simring’s report. MB told Dr Simring it was child sexual abuse and Dr Simring took his word for it and never checked.

Interesting, thanks. I formed my own opinion him, but since I’ve never watched a whole trial before, I do not have any basis for comparison.

In the past, I’ve just seen a few clips of big cases here and there on the news rather than the whole thing. This was an entirely different experience.