Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Could this be a “slide bite”?

15 Likes

Aww. Poor Rosie. Getting dragged back into the muck again.

Not that I’m saying she did or did not bite RG. Just that the poor dog has gotten so much flack over a situation with those owners that was completely beyond her control.

6 Likes

Oh, I agree.

But would her owners want people to actually know the truth about a hand injury if it was indeed a bite injury? I think not, for multiple reasons! Not that her owns are familiar with the truth!

7 Likes

sadly she isn’t the only pup who has to pay the price for owner’s incompetence (or malice)

But on 2nd though…why would a dog bite require 4 inches worth of stitches? Assuming that is whatw e are loking at?

And she was 19 days in the hospital…stitches stay in for 10 days, bruises don’t last that long either.

2 Likes

I saw a simple assault charge for each of them, then a bunch of traffic offenses. It doesn’t seem like anything near the magnitude of what their daughter has racked up, although it does indicate that she comes by her tendency toward confrontation honestly …

7 Likes

I’ve been bitten many times and none of my 20+ bites have looked like that.

2 Likes

I saw the same. Here is a description of simple assault in NJ:

According to the New Jersey statutes, a simple assault is any assault that: Inflicts, or attempts to inflict, bodily injury to another person, or. Negligently causes bodily injury to someone else through the use of a deadly weapon, or. Attempts, by physical menace, to place someone else in fear of serious injury.

5 Likes

I wonder what happened to the person who LK had engaged to ride her horses. Maybe that person would stand by her.

IIRC, MB handed LK a release form for that person to sign and she had an absolute melt down.

I don’t recall who told us that story—I don’t think it was LK, but that was the “document” that set her off. I think it was not so long before the shooting—maybe a week or so.

7 Likes

Have you been bitten by a gun?

Eta. I don’t think it’s a slide bite. They don’t seem to run the length of a slide

4 Likes

You only saw one assault charge for JK? Did you also click on page 2 of his arrest record?

I also have to wonder what would happen if anyone bothered to search the arrest records in the other 49 states for this crew. :thinking:

No wonder they have a Top Five Global Law Firm ™ on speed dial, or whatever that remark was.

14 Likes

I have not been bitten by a gun. Had one to my head a few times, once while being taken hostage by guys in ski masks but no, never shot.

Hmm. Good point.

3 Likes

This is the uniform law for out of state subpoenas for civil cases.

There is a separate uniform act that relates to subpoenas for appearances as a witness in out of state criminal trials - the Florida version of which is here: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0900-0999/0942/0942.html.

Part of the standard procedure under the act is to hold a hearing about whether the person should be required to appear at the trial. So the order compelling attendance of the Florida witnesses at a hearing appears to just have been part of the normal process and not necessarily indicative of any intent to avoid a subpoena.

1 Like

Wow. I’m sorry. That’s terrifying.

4 Likes

Stitches stay in that long after being put in.
So does this suggest they were not immediately or shortly after the altercation, put in?
In other words put in a week or so afterwards?

In my experience bites often aren’t fully closed so they can drain.

Wasn’t there a claim, by someone, that he had surgery?

3 Likes

Thanks. It was meh. I should have been shot but they didn’t. Maybe they thought I was pretty. They pistol whipped one guy but I wouldn’t shut up and kept telling the other hostages to remember their eyes. And they’d wave the gun at me and tell me shut up shut up. Whatever. It wasn’t my time yet.

6 Likes

That is what I thought when I saw the location of the stitches on RG’s hand. Looked exactly like a slide bite (ask me how I know).

8 Likes

RG was treated about a week after the incident.

Sorry to repeat this link,

3 Likes

Luckily I’ve never had that happen so I initially thought that’s what it was but after googling (recommend not doing that) it doesn’t appear so.

Omg. I can’t imagine. I’d prob still be in therapy for that. Again, I’m really sorry that happened to you.