Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

But raising money for legal fees for a civil suit involves civil tort law. It’s not a matter of defending a crime anymore. IANAL … but that’s my understanding.

Soooo… maybe if she cleans up the language on the fundraiser, it’s still fine to raise for legal fees for the civil case?

6 Likes

I said it will be interesting to see how GoFundMe will handle it. They shut down the Kyle Rittenhouse one for legal fees, but reinstated it when he was found not guilty. This situation is a little different, he still committed a violent crime but was acquitted NGRI.

1 Like

In my mind, gun’s at his back in his waist band. He and Rob are talking, phone’s are down on table, out come LK and poor Rosie, MB is distracted by Rosie, RB grabs gun out of his waistband, melee ensues.

I believe with every fiber of my being it was a set up to have ED call and be an ear witness during those 4 minutes to something. They just didn’t expect it to turn out the way it did,

24 Likes

I’m surprised LK didn’t start a GoFundMe for being the “survivor of a gunshot” or whatever she was promoting on Pinterist!

15 Likes

Yes, and Rittenhouse actually murdered innocent people.

15 Likes

NGRI does not equal Guilty But Insane. He’s been acquitted. There’s no finding that he committed a violent crime because he’s been acquitted.

I know other people have said it too, but I just want to reiterate it. NGRI is not a finding that he committed a crime.

32 Likes

Could be. But a little nudge couldn’t hurt.

Plus if they get enough interest at this point, maybe that will help them to decide how many episodes to devote to this case. :slight_smile:

48hours@cbsnews.com

5 Likes

It would be easier to make that case for sure.

1 Like

He was exonerated. A civil case is not for crimes. Criminal Court is for crimes. Civil court is for injury. Even slip and falls. Also not a crime.

Guess what else is adjudicated in civil court?
DOG BITES

26 Likes

This will have to be repeated for years to come. Some don’t get it, or don’t want to get it.

26 Likes

Courtesy of the prosecutor grilling the teenage witness on the stand in the courtroom. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Yeah, I hear 48 Hours is still actively searching for valid, reallife friends of LK who can provide positive experiences with her.

12 Likes

Oh, no. Poor Rosie.

I know she does not know or care. But I still just keep feeling sorry for her in this whole mess.

That has been my knee-jerk response to the mention of her name ever since I heard her in the background on the 911 call.

3 Likes

@EGGBUTT! I LOVE YOU!! YOU WERE AT WOODSTOCK!!!

I tried to hitchhike to Woodstock, but the police picked me up off the highway, and charged me with vagrancy. I was just standing along the highway with no visible means of support. :yum:

Dang. Some people have all the luck and the rest of wind up in the pokey. Over NOTHING.

10 Likes

Me Too!!!

1 Like

Hmm…

3 Likes

It is one of the highlights of my life. We never got very close to the stage but we could hear everything. And that dang storm!!! It was wild. I will never forget how people were sharing anything they had with others. Blankets, food, water, whatever. It was surreal.

16 Likes

Have they sent a PM to Shelly-Nelly-Belly-BFF-loveeeee-youuuuuu yet?

18 Likes

Call it “a recovery assistance fund.”

8 Likes

I did wonder about the inmate thing, but I thought maybe it was a California term. Lol.

I certainly get caught on the voice to text issue on the regular. The worst is when it appears to be correct, and then somehow changes after you’ve glanced at it but before you post it. I hate it when that happens!

3 Likes