Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

If there is no bed available I hope the State would be open to other options.

6 Likes

agree! I am glad that the person who set it up knows my name as well as the benefactor, nobody else needs to know the donation amount. But yeah just a name would be nice.

2 Likes

I would think they have no choice. They can not just hold him in jail until a bed happens to open at this one facility. That is crazy for so many reasons. But in the big picture the most important reason is that he needs to get some mental health support and that is not happening in jail.

16 Likes

I was a hundred percent in this camp, in my lurker-dom at the time. I still find it astonishing as I tend to look for the good in people.

5 Likes

How is Timbuktu in September? I always wanted to go!

Not knowing the players I knew something was up. Because guys donā€™t buy pink (or rather purple) gunsā€¦

1 Like

The weather in Timbuktu in September is rather dry ; it does not rain often. The climate is very warm around this city in September. Temperatures are up to 104Ā°F. The seasonal minimum is 88Ā°F.

Itā€™s chilly at night I hear.

1 Like

ah, so a rather nice place to winter.
Any good horse shows being conducted?

Thus, the mean temperature average on this month of September in Timbuktu is 97Ā°F. Note that seasonal normals are in contrast with those observed in Timbuktu in the month of September with a maximum record of 113Ā°F in 2017 and a minimum record of 77Ā°F in 2009. You can plan to have 86Ā°F or more throughout the month.

I would literally die from the heat.

1 Like

maybe just winter in Mexico? Floriduh is becoming more and more like a :poop:hole country.

9 Likes

Mexico has its own issues. Gun violence is rampant, seems worse than Florida.

After working in Property Management for the past 20 years with thousands of renters walking through my office door I have had some very interesting, to say the least, experiences with people. You would be surprised at the amount truly disturbed people out there walking around.
Many of them displayed behaviors similar to LK, one in particular could have been her twin. She ended up in prison for arson, this is one thing she actually was caught after many other vile acts she perpetrated on others.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

31 Likes

Great first post. Welcome to COTH, Neenie.

9 Likes

This is a worse situation than I predicted.

I do think they will be stuck working through Ann Klein for the defined 30 day evaluation period. One of the knowledgeable mental or legal professionals following this discussion can weigh inā€¦ but it is a much more secure facility than a more general inpatient psychiatric facility (though a more general inpatient psychiatric facility is also almost always secure).

Howeverā€¦ after he completes his initial evaluation periodā€¦ if there is a way to move him to a more general inpatient facilityā€¦ and the doctors have recommended that he is no longer a high risk, comparable to other patients in the forensic high risk facility for legal reasonsā€¦

they will move him on from Ann Klein.

There is a nationwide crisis with a lack mental health care providers at every level. But most especially, when it comes to any kind of inpatient mental health care in a secure facility. Iā€™ve had family members who required inpatient care on 3 separate occasions within the last 15 years. All involved very high suicide risk (one had made an incredibly violent attempt that involved beating another family member in the process)ā€¦ and even soā€¦ the second anyone was minimally stabilizedā€¦ they were released to do outpatient treatment. Because the need for inpatient care in secure facilities for people who are at risk of self harm, or harming another person is so incredibly high.

There are nowhere close to enough inpatient beds. For anyone. Anywhere. Not even at private hospitals. Private hospitals are all picking up the overflow of people in crisis, for whom there are no beds at a public facility. There are high end private sobriety focused clinics, that also offer mental health therapy of one type or another. And those are places where people who can pay several thousand out of pocket can stay ā€œinpatientā€ for extended mental care. But everywhere else? Extensive mental health care and therapy really happens in an outpatient setting. Inpatient care is about safety (in terms of self harm, or harming another), and immediate stabilization of psychotic conditions, and probably other serious conditions I just donā€™t know much about.

11 Likes

I thought the same thing. And we will see if MB wins the counter claim, if LKā€™s money is protected because it is in some kind of trust - just like in Pacific Heights. (Totally off topic, but I do wonder if LKā€™s civil action is partially built on her hopes to win big and have access to ā€œher ownā€ money without Daddy holding the purse strings.)

4 Likes

I believe it is never about money for her. It is totally about destruction and control.

13 Likes

I wonder if EB could make a case that keeping him in a prison is a violation of human rights?

9 Likes

I agree. Frankly, I wonder if she could make more money writing a book then suing. She could tell her ā€œtruthā€ lol.

1 Like

It would have to be in the fiction section!

13 Likes

My guess is that New Jersey would not want to pay for a private hospital for evaluation, cheaper to keep him in jail.

2 Likes