Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

All those little blue pencils, chewed down to a stub and you know she wouldn’t listen.

Hello vanity press (self-publish)!

7 Likes

But the true question is: Why did he make that choice? If he felt safer in jail than he would have been “out there” where they were, then that would be a somewhat rational choice considering the circumstances.

4 Likes

He declined being released when offered.

It never came down to “his making a choice to stay” because the trial took place and he was acquitted! We have never been told why he would have wanted to stay if the quick trial release date came and went.

4 Likes

I’m not saying it wasn’t the right decision, but it’s disingenuous to now moan about how long he’s gone without mental health treatment when he could have been out and working on that privately.

2 Likes

It was never offered. Please be factual.

7 Likes

I wonder if they have to do the whole 30 days starting from the day he arrives? I’m guessing they probably do.

It seems a bit unfair if they don’t have a bed for say, two weeks, and the remaining two weeks gives them enough time to do the evaluation anyway.

1 Like

That 30 days is from date of verdict. My understanding from what I read in NJ case law last week, is that hearing has to happen, if for no other reason to determine if the patient is cooperating and to lay down a schedule for future hearings.

6 Likes

? Did he not decline release when it was offered pre trial? The judge noted it was an unusual request. Did that not happen?
This is the release I was discussing. Of course he hasn’t been offered release in the last week. He’s being transferred to a mh facility.

8 Likes

My understanding was if the trial had been delayed, a mandatory release date would kick in and MB was choosing to decline that future release date. But the trial went forward and here we are.

9 Likes

Well, realistically, why would anyone be worried about money if it always magically appears from “the bank, I guess” whenever it’s needed.

11 Likes

The “release” was never offered. Taylor was speaking of the urgency of the trial moving foward before the quick trial date expired. Bilinkas commented if that date came, Barisone wanted to remain in jail. Taylor said he’d never heard of such a request and didn’t know if he could comply but would discuss that when the time came if necessary,

9 Likes

Actually, in hindsight, maybe that explains the remarks the civil attorney made on camera if it was after the bottle of DOM.

:thinking::clinking_glasses::thinking:

9 Likes

I stand corrected, but this shows he still would have chosen jail over outpatient treatment on his own, for whatever reason.

Again, yes the system is not good, so go vote.

4 Likes

Want to know the reason he would have declined? His concern was if he was released, his trial date would be pushed further and further out. He wanted the trial to proceed as quickly as possible. Thankfully, he rejected the plea deal and the trial was held.

15 Likes

You’re speaking for MB?

Um, apparently I was told what his reasoning was. Are you really prepared to argue with me?

15 Likes

I’m glad you replied directly to me, because you spoke directly to the issues I was trying to point out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like Nick Peronace. What an eye openier bombshell he typed. They could collaborate, maybe use his psych expert to write the forward.

16 Likes

Would that matter now?

I mean, I would imagine they can use those recordings in court, but his criminal case is over at this point.

Just as a matter of curiosity.

1 Like