Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Hahaha. Interesting perspective.

1 Like

So if heā€™d opted to do those last few pre trial months out and about, heā€™d be out and about now while waiting for a bed at AK to determine if heā€™s a danger to himself or others ? :thinking:

2 Likes

My understanding is that date was approaching but was never actually reached. If his trial had been given another postponement/continuance it would have been relevant and he asked to remain incarcerated - but he didnā€™t actually opt to stay in yet as the date after which he would have had to be released was after the trial began.

6 Likes

I went back to check a few things from older posts that I remembered seeing. Most of them havenā€™t aged well in light of the trial (red underlining is mine).

The big reveal about the ā€œHUGE reasonā€ for the weapons charges didnā€™t happen either.
pic-3

7 Likes

Tell that to LK who seems to think heā€™s in for good. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I believe he said he had several ā€œeditorā€™s.ā€ lol

20 Likes

Good point, very good point. Or should I say good apostrophe?

7 Likes

Just a fun fact that has nothing to do with this case, but the owner of Paradigm Dressage is a realtor.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Her insta is set to private. Iā€™m intrigued, but not enough to request to follow her. I donā€™t need that kind of negativity in my life.

8 Likes

Oh, the truth will come out, all right. Thatā€™s whatā€™s fun about civil litigation.

16 Likes

Dayum, those are very interesting to read, now.

5 Likes

At least she admitted that going on social media is a ā€œhorrid mistakeā€ and yet, keeps doing itā€¦

also, LOL at the part where she says everyone hates her because of the caliber of horses she owns and who she was training with. Oh please. Iā€™m laughing so hard my abs hurt. Sheā€™s a very small fish in a very large pond in Wellington, if thatā€™s the angle sheā€™s going for.

25 Likes

taking a vacation at the Betty Ford Clinic

2 Likes

This sounds like a violation of his rights. If the state doesnā€™t have a bed, they should be obligated to find something in the private sector. They are imprisoning someone who has been acquitted.

Does this mean that he is getting no counseling and that the mental health evaluation has not begun? Is the state going to try to move back the 17 May status hearing using this delay as an excuse?

This is all kinds of wrong.

Edited after being educated by several COTHers about the scarcity of hospital beds in psych wards. As always, thanks for always expanding my horizons and correcting me when Iā€™m wrong.

10 Likes

Ok, this has nothing to do with anything butā€¦my dog, who had rattlesnake avoidance training years ago, just saved me from stepping on one in the yard. Sheā€™s getting serious treats right now.

38 Likes

Did the surgeon say she was shot in the rib? I donā€™t recall him saying that, and I would think he should know. :thinking:

And were those posts before she invented the helicopter ride that was referenced so many times?

4 Likes

Good dog!

6 Likes

Funny tangent. Many years ago, I rode a horse that had a very adverse reaction to the noise from a box of TicTacs that I forgot I had in my coat pocket. I found out afterwards that the horse came from out west, so I wondered if he thought it was the sound of a rattlesnake nearby.

That was the last time I ever got on a horse with TicTacs in my pocket. Lol.

10 Likes

And you arenā€™t sharing?

3 Likes

The state of NJ requires that the defendant receive a health clearance before being admitted to a psychiatric facility, as well as that the defendant be examined by a psychiatrist of the stateā€™s (prosecutorā€™s) choosing. The law does not state that he has to be committed to do so.

Presumably if the first choice psychiatrist is not available for some reason (lack of available beds, etc), the state will be asked to identify another.

The statute does state clearly that the defendant cannot be held in a penal or correctional institute during these proceedings: ā€œc. No person committed under this section shall be confined within any penal or correctional institution or any part thereof.ā€ Section 2C:4-8.

13 Likes