Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

OK, but the Mustache was pretty much a self-inflicted shot in the foot, right? I can’t imagine he was the only person the prosecutor could have called as his expert witness.

16 Likes

I imagine it’s a pretty small pool, and Mr B already snagged the best. What if Stache was the best of what was left?

11 Likes

That seems to me like a pretty scary thought. Lol.

8 Likes

I don’t even remember now where I heard it or read it, but I seem to recall a piece of advice from years ago that anyone who is planning to get a divorce should not only hire the best lawyer they can get, but also have a consultation first with the other best six or eight or ten divorce lawyers in their area, so that their spouse will not be able to hire those people due to possible conflict of interest.

Maybe Mr. B consulted the other ten best experts in the area before he settled on Dr. B. Lol.

27 Likes

Lol! He clearly had Dr H in his pocket too. I’m thinking it was slim pickings for the State. Just think, Mr Schellhorn had to interview him at least twice before the trial. That would drive me to drink.

9 Likes

I went back and watched most of dr. moustache’s testimony. It was very funny watching Attorney B. just sitting there, watching the guy throughout that initial 26 minutes, sometimes looking as if “is this guy for real?” Schellhorn was probably saying to himself “why aren’t you saying anything?” or was it a matter of waiting until Attorney B. says that he accepts stache as an expert witness, in which case it was brilliant to let stache go on, and on, and on …

23 Likes

It was brilliant. Mr B absolutely could have stipulated to him as an expert. Instead, he let him go on and on and on for 26 minutes. In comparison, it took 7 minutes to get Dr Simring’s credentials in. Not because he’s less accomplished, either.

25 Likes

I haven’t heard this term? Is seersucker also involved? Because I have heard of Southern Law firms and seersucker suits.

2 Likes

Couldn’t think of who dr. stache reminded me of. Just now, I realized it was Colin Robinson.

5 Likes

It’s a really old term but pretty commonly known at least in NYC. It refers to the white bucks favoured by the young gents of the Ivy League schools many of whom would then go on to employment at the elite NYC firms.

9 Likes

Even I’ve heard of it, and I don’t even pretend to play a lawyer on TV.

7 Likes

Was the tie Boyd Martin (sigh) wearing at trial an Olympic tie? I went back to watch (for the umpteenth time) and the tie didn’t look very Olympian, what do I know - RL designs the costumes, maybe he didn’t do the eventing ties… I did notice MB wearing his Olympic tie… very RL. maybe I have to go back and watch Boyd again to double check the tie…

4 Likes

It can’t hurt to check just to be sure.

9 Likes

I think so, as well… I will let you know…

1 Like

How about when Mr. B was picking at his nails, pondering his next manicure, during a few testimonies…? I found that mesmerizing!

18 Likes

I don’t know if it was official Olympic neckwear, but I believe it had horses and jumps and medals on it.

But for sure, you should probably go back and double check just to be absolutely certain. Lol.

9 Likes

Totally! I did see jumps and something that looked like a gold medal but no dressage mention… maybe some Swarovski crystals on the edge to honor dressage…? going back to double check…

4 Likes

Then sort of yes to the seersucker as I believe white bucks were the preferred shoe for seersucker suits!

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m late responding to this but the vast majority of NGRI outcomes are plea deals. Defendant accepts responsibility for some ancillary crime and pleads NGRI on the most serious charge, allowing the state to commit him or her for possibly longer than if they had been found guilty, because the terms are entirely that of the plea deal.

The number of times this is the outcome of a jury trial - we are talking like 0.1% of the less than 10% where the affirmative defense is used.

9 Likes