Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

There is also a link on Lara Osbourne’s FB page. You don’t have to friend her to open it. And please, please, please, if you only have $5, please contribute. What happened here to MB is unconscionable.

24 Likes

I thought the inspector knew that MB was the owner. I wonder if a fake email account was set up or they spoofed one of the phones so it appeared as though MB sent the photos.

3 Likes

JK’s word? Wow, I thought it was LK that had texted him. I missed that bit of testimony, though, so am basing my comments on what others have said.

Also - wasn’t it sometime in the late evening when he was notified? And basically “off-duty”?

4 Likes

KM, you slay me!!!

23 Likes

In theory, they should have known by property records. Clue 2: they had RC post the notices. Someone told them she was acting agent for the owner, and I’m going to guess that someone wasn’t LK or RG. It’s all just off.

7 Likes

Confidence to press procedure and gracefully back down when called on it
Lending his glasses to the nimrod to read his own affidavit and graciously explaining that to him.

Man he is good. Knows how to work a court room.

19 Likes

A lot of people thought it made him seem disorganized, but one thing he did so well was keeping RG and LK off guard by jumping from topic to topic. As soon as they started getting comfortable he’d hit them with a question that was completely unrelated to the last several and their brains could not switch gears fast enough to answer. So you’d get confused looks, requests to repeat the question, and a lot of rambling. They couldn’t stick to a script because he didn’t have one.

30 Likes

ED recalled the events. The timing LK answering the phone is suspect. Seems to me to be set up.

13 Likes

And I again post this photo of Schellhorn watching another of his star witnesses twisting in the wind on the stand. You just know he is thinking, “Hmmm. That is not what that guy said before about the events that day. So is he lying now, or was he lying then?”

Yep, I think it was really dawning on him that his case might be falling apart. But he couldn’t end the case by other than asking for a mistrial - correct? And I doubt he wants to go through this again.

2022-04-22_15-02-59

10 Likes

To me, that would be a horrible way to…exist in the horse world.

5 Likes

But would he have had access to the property records if it was after-hours and he was off work?

Also - did the person (LK or whoever) send him a text? Or an email?

1 Like

There was one point where Mr B crossed a line, asked a question and I can’t remember which witness answered it before anyone could object. On there way to sidebar, you could hear Judge T very angrily saying “we had a hearing about this” before they cut the Mike. I thought Mr Schellhorn was going to ask for a mistrial then. But they came back, the judge instructed the jury to disregard and everyone moved on. I think at that point Mr Schellhorn just wanted it over and not to have to hear versions 7-12 or more from his victims.

8 Likes

So, proper process, they should have looked all that up when they got the complaint so they would know who to notify (and fine). You can bet LK and RG weren’t going to be screaming it was their property if that $5,000/per day fine for staying in the structure had kicked in.

He testified that LK sent him an email. Then Mr B asked if he had notified MB and he kind of looked like he wanted to cry.

9 Likes

I think that happened during RG’s testimony but I can’t remember the question. :thinking:

And yes, I think you are right - Schellhorn didn’t want to hear versions 7-12 from his star witnesses, and certainly didn’t want the jury to hear them!

I am also guessing that he was starting to think about what a huge time-suck that trial had been. And how close Mr. B was to making a fool out of him (Schellhorn) for pressing the case.

9 Likes

THIS!!^^

10 Likes

Yeah, he really wanted out long before closing arguments.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I am trying to watch bits of testimony that I missed but dang, it is hard to figure out which You Tube video to view. They are listed by Day in the title, but I wish they were timestamped so I could figure out the sequence.

1 Like

Yeah figuring out which clip is not easy!

You know, they had to know RG and LK filed the complaint because RG went in person and they both signed the letter.

So why in the name of God and all that is proper in building codes would they let the complainant say, “ yeah, everything’s cool, we fixed it, we’re good now.”

7 Likes

Also: it was perfect how they had Mr D question the more “gentle” witnesses.

10 Likes

Put that in the long list of things that made no sense. The sloppiness of how that town is run is beyond me. I hope the citizens there are demanding answers from their city manager and police chief.

13 Likes