Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

I 100% agree with your assessment. I would also add that her overinflated sense of self doesn’t allow for any reflection nor any ability to admit wrongdoing. When you have convinced yourself you are entitled to something, you know any given subject (for example, NJ law) better than actual professionals with advanced degrees, you base your actions on an inherently flawed understanding of said subject plus your sense of entitlement, AND you are incapable of admitting you’re wrong, your only path is to plow forward over anyone that stands in your way (or merely tries to point out a flaw).

When you see everyone outside your circle as either beneath you or a means to your end, it’s dangerous to the outsiders for sure.

19 Likes

The word career refers to an arc of progressive achievement in a particular endeavor. Usually, it is a paid profession like doctor, lawyer, actor.

It doesn’t need to be paid, though. You can talk about someone’s high school or college career when referencing the academic part, without sports.

It does connote an arc of progressive mastery of the field, though, I would not talk about a career as a house cleaner, even though paid.

Dressage is well suited to think about as a riding career, as you progress up the levels. Perhaps she is suing for “loss of enjoyment” due to get tiring career being made more difficult by the injuries, and the lawyers threw in “loss of wages” just to cover all bases. They’re also suing Jane Does 1 to 20, aren’t they? Don’t lawyers write in all conceivable targets and all conceivable claims in the suit, then see what sticks?

I do hope to have an amateur riding career some day, along with my professional career to pay the bills. My idol is Charlotte Jorst, who has had a spectacular career as an entrepreneur to fund her spectacular dressage career (as an amateur).

This is quite telling.

37 Likes

A further thought: if it’s true that LK is actually the person behind RG’s accounts, and her interrogatory response says that her only online accounts are X, Y, and Z, that would make for an interesting deposition.

9 Likes

Yikes.

17 Likes

Someone just HAD to throw in that dig at vacuumers.

35 Likes

Strange, I have a friend whose job is a house cleaner. It is her career. She has lots of very long term clients because she is do dependable and good at her job.
Why would one not call that a career and talk about it?

Not a made up dig job either. Her real job.

37 Likes

I think it was probably true or a reflection of what happened. In the Miranda hearing with the first officer thread, I suggested with the camera set up as it was, the cameras would have picked up if they had gone inside and up entered their apartment. I also suggested (before it was made known exactly what happened to that gun after RC handed it over) that it was probably put into MB’s safe. Both claims made certain someone’s sit up and lash out at me.

Considering all the things:

1. LK’s taunt of negligence about RC’s gun.
  2. LK’s “2 gun” post which contains a fair description of RC’s gun, and if you believe IM, a snippet of recorded private conversation and talk of “begging to be let up”.
  3. LK and crew’s big over reaction to my suggestion that RC put the gun in the safe.
  4. The deleted cameras.
  5. LK being furious that SS didn’t keep her case confidential.
  6. The fact that CPS wanted to speak to both MHG and RC.

The only thing that put the gun in MB’s hand was that one hearsay statement made by Simring. Based on my gut reactions….I just can’t believe it….

10 Likes

Those depositions will have many interesting twists, I’m sure. I’d love to be a fly on the wall.

2 Likes

I did laugh when she said her attorney’s name would be covered by privilege, then answered the question, on the stand. I imagine the deposition to be a whole lot more of that.

I would absolutely enjoy being a fly on that wall. As long as there was a lot of coffee at hand.

9 Likes

What do you have against house cleaners? Can they not progress up the ranks? Build a team? Build clients? Build a profitable business?

I would argue that most paid employment could be considered a career. You have to start somewhere. Even a gas jockey gig has potential.

Professions are not the only ‘worthy’ careers out there.

29 Likes

That was absolutely hilarious. Yet another example of thinking you know more than you do. Or, thinking you can make Mr B look stupid.

Coffee would be a must!

10 Likes

The definition of “career” includes a trajectory or arc of achievement over time. It does not necessarily require that the activity be paid.

I think that all legal work has dignity and deserves respect, including mucking stalls, waiting tables and cleaning houses. In high school I worked at two of these jobs for the earnings, however modest. Neither had the progressive arc of achievement that goes with the idea a career.

I suppose that some would call any continuous employment for most of their working life in a given field as a career, but given the concept of a progression of achievement as part of the definition of career, I see a distinction between a “long term job” and a “career”. I don’t see the paid aspect of the endeavor being a necessary attribute of a “career.”

And who not only objectifies people to satisfy her whims but social agencies like SafeSport and CPS as well.

5 Likes

I have absolutely nothing against house cleaners, but don’t understand how you progress “up the ranks,” as you do in dressage.

I agree that the the professions are not the only worthy jobs out there.

I just think there is a distinction between a long term job, however worthy, and a career. I think the word career denotes a progressive path of achievement that is not present in some long term jobs.

So working for a business, then working for yourself, then becoming a business owner who employs other people is not a progression? Just the natural way of things?

A very good friend of mine owns a cleaning business and is still cleaning at least four days a week. I met her in an undergrad accounting class.

27 Likes

Seriously? You go from new recruit working under a more experienced person, to being more independent, to supervising others, to being sent to bigger clients, to managing a team yourself, to being a division / office manager… I’m not familiar with house cleaning, but it’s crystal clear to me that there are few jobs with NO opportunity for advancement or development in a career path fashion.

19 Likes

Considering her abdominal incisions…this could actually be true.

4 Likes

Who determines the trajectory or arc of achievement?
If one was voted NextDoor’s Favorite Housekeeper 4 years in a row, is that achievement enough?

What if I got the Golden Dustmop from a group of my peers? Does that count?

What if I’m so good at vacuuming that I can charge triple the going rate and still be booked solid for months?

What if being such an awesome housekeeper leads me to a position in the Local Mayor’s mansion! Did I hit Career level yet?

20 Likes

What an amazingly telling comment… sort of like a ditch digger, or cotton picker, or any migrant farm worker, or hell, ANY service profession. Wow! You truly are a piece of work.

22 Likes