Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Ok. Mine is an iPhone. I don’t remember what rG had. So maybe all my responses are moot

No they might be correct. Who knows what really happened.

As I’ve said before, one great advantage on the internet is that you can choose when you want to engage and when you want to just ignore other posters.

Imagine if some of the people who are making these ridiculous posts were there in your house, in your barn, in your face, day in, day out, and there was no way to avoid them. Talk about a nightmare situation.

I was trying to explain this case today to a friend of mine who was not aware of it, and she kept saying, “They did what?!?”

31 Likes

Yes - including the bit about the grifters trying to find the whereabouts of MHG’s children. And that was apparently believed by Dr. Hasson to be the “nail in the coffin” that drove MB over the edge mentally.
The prosecutor and judge adamantly refused to allow that to be entered into the record of the criminal trial - Taylor apparently even chewed Dr. Hasson a new one when he tried to mention it for a second time - but I doubt anyone will be successful in keeping that information out of the civil trial.

22 Likes

What are the odds that at least a few people on the jury will have children of their own? :thinking:

18 Likes

Who Does That???

14 Likes

It’s all going to come out.

The other thing that is going to become quite important is the question you’ve all been asking since Aug/Sept 2019. Why didn’t she leave?

Under tort law, you have a duty to mitigate your loss or damages. When she had a chance to mitigate her butt right on off the farm, she chose to refuse her dad’s negotiated settlement. Instead, she chose to ratchet up the pressure those last few days, which would be the exact opposite of mitigating your damages.

That may not sit well with a jury who really can ask, “Why didn’t you leave?”

38 Likes

It is so hard to fathom.

You’re correct. We all can walk away.

This whole story is just so sad.

13 Likes

I am predicting that she will say something to the effect of “Because I couldn’t destroy him by leaving.”
And using that same nonchalant but smug tone she used when she matter-of-factly stated during the criminal trial that she intended to destroy him. She seems to have absolutely no sense of regret for her actions, no remorse, no empathy for the anguish she caused others, no understanding that her actions and her behavior triggered the entire chain of events. I know I keep using the term “diabolical” but I can’t think of a better term to describe her.

22 Likes

And then we can hear Mr D hand her a transcript from the trial to refresh her memory about her plan, the agreement didn’t meet her needs, and all the other fun tidbits she already gave out under oath.

That absolute lack of self-reflection is pretty darn close to diabolical.

12 Likes

Yes, but I can imagine that both might be (completely imaginary) damages of some kind, say, she was awarded reimbursement for medical expenses to the tune of 200k, and he was awarded damages from loss of making a living to the tune of 201k, the net result would be she owed him 1k, and the “wash” would mean she got nothing and he got 1000 dollars.

5 Likes

yeah, and again, who was she trying to get the waiver for?
Who was going to ride her horses there?
Has this ever come to light?

4 Likes

Oh, there is a word that describes that behavior but I don’t want Mod1 to get riled up if I use it to describe a former member. It isn’t a swear word either!

15 Likes

I can’t help but read this and picture her smug smile. Not a concern for anyone. Anyone!! But herself. To me that is far scarier then all of her antics. I really hope ss makes a move. It’s not fair that we (g) should be subjected to that in shows, barns, clinics etc. It reeks of evil.

18 Likes

Her health insurance will also want to be reimbursed for their payment.

6 Likes

And also, apparently no grasp whatsoever of how that behavior comes across to others. Including the jury!

14 Likes

Does anyone happen to have the links for the two parts of Stephen Colbert’s dressage lesson?

I think maybe the first part was actually in the barn, and then the second part was when he was on the horse.

I don’t think so.
I, too, would love the answer to that.
I don’t care about their name particularly, but why did LK lose it over the waiver?
Would this person be unfamiliar with the practice and so insulted to be asked to sign such a grotesque thing?
How does this equate to a murder plot?

6 Likes

Yep. Never met them, have no connection with them.

What Is the basis of your hatred of LK? What did she do to you?

1 Like

There is little logic to much of this. Once a flustercluck type gets into a paranoid delusional defensive spiral, anything can be pulled in. Also projection is major. Perhaps a normal equestrian sports waiver like we’ve all signed dozens of times can suddenly look like the trainer wants to escape responsibility for deliberately causing an accident to you. This is delusional thinking but it’s typical of that kind of thinking.

Indeed in my experience cluster B types can get very drilled down on detail which gets taken out of context and rolled into a delusion. That’s why they can be drawn into conspiracy theories and arguing over the wording of laws or video evidence.

I understand there are functional cluster B types out there who can think coherently about things professionally like law or politics. I have never met these kinds IRL. All the cluster B types Ive known IRL have been significantly limited by their tendencies and once the dysfunctional emotional response gets triggered over a thing they are invested in, they stop being able to be coherent about legal or business affairs. Like say a car accident settlement hearing or a family will reading. The story changes weekly and malice imputed all around. They seem to think the are being very legal minded by picking tiny details out of context and blowing them up. That’s not really how law works.

13 Likes