Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

In doing so, you’re making up something that doesn’t exist. The cross-claims do not assert a loss caused by a breach of duty, nor do they allege resulting damages, which is what I just tried to outline for you.

Only the original claim by LK and the counterclaim by MB are actually suing each other. SGF and RC are not suing anyone.

Edit to clarify: LK is suing MB, RC, and SGF. MB is countersuing LK. SGF and RC are suing no one.

13 Likes

LKs position was that MB owed her money and that was one reason she hadn’t moved. Given the apparent lack of written contracts, I have no doubt there was a financial dispute, and that it would be her style to want to litigate, or threaten to litigate.

It could have been a waiver stating that if she was going to have someone come there to ride her horses and her horses injured the rider, the liability would be on her not MB.

10 Likes

I was going to ask how a sign on the barn could be a death warrant, but I’m not sure even LK knows the answer to that.

6 Likes

LKs position was that MB owed her money and that was one reason she hadn’t moved. Given the apparent lack of written contracts, I have no doubt there was a financial dispute, and that it would be her style to want to litigate, or threaten to litigate.
[/quote]

Not a good enough legal defense btw for not leaving. Everyone knows you can sue for money later without staying to harass people.

19 Likes

Apparently, per her words under oath, it’s also her style to formulate a “plan to ruin” someone up to and including “finish the bastard.”

12 Likes

Except that begs the question….how does that translate to a murder plot for her? Other than more SM lies, of course….

8 Likes

Ok. I accept your terminology.

SGF is saying any judgement assigned to it should fall on MB and/or RC, rather be paid by SGF itself.

I tend to think that maybe the new barn didn’t have living accommodations either.

Would JK have gone with that choice if not?

2 Likes

YES. Which brings me back to my original point. They don’t appear to be looking to settle with LK at all.

5 Likes

JK made the arrangements with Mr Tarshis. He was on board until LK said Nope. And then he called his buddy ED.

8 Likes

In that case, she was right not to sign it. If a rider agrees to ride your horse, they should waive liability for the owner, trainer, and facility.

but her question about her murder isn’t bizarre? mmm-kay

15 Likes

We know…we know…you only believe IM. Got it.

24 Likes

Exactly! So what was the big deal? Give it to your rider to sign!

No murder involved…

14 Likes

For full disclosure….this screenshot was made on Feb 2, 2022 and is of an edit that was made some time during the night before that and subsequently reset by the moderation staff.

7 Likes

shocker. not.

7 Likes

things get muddled after a few benadryl

6 Likes

I would think that anywhere one boards, the person riding their horses has to sign a waiver. Clearly this is just another case of someone thinking they are special and rules do not apply to them.

25 Likes

MB owed her money? What a joke. She had two horses there on a discounted rate, which included board and training and possibly/probably farrier care. She was getting free rent and utilities for herself and her manservant. Then she bought a third horse from MB, and even if she did actually pay him the purchase price, she expected him to keep it for free and also throw in free training. Then she brought in a FOURTH horse - did she pay him anything for board/training for that one?

Talk about delusional… :laughing:

35 Likes