Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

:joy:

1 Like

Strangely, that debt has gone by the wayside. It isnā€™t mentioned in her tort claim. There are no other court filings regarding it. It just evaporated.

23 Likes

Exactly. For some reason I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever know the answer to that question.

5 Likes

Methinks there was something a bit stronger than benadryl involved. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

At the barn where I board, if I bring in a trainer, they sign a waiver AND have to show proof of insurance.

13 Likes

Going back to this, now that the jury has been discharged, and can talk about the trial if the wish, I can imagine one juror going into work and asking his boss, ā€œHey, remember that time we got nailed by the inspectors and the fire Marshall? Well you are not going to believeā€¦ā€

Those jurors are probably still shaking their heads and thinking, Who Does That?

19 Likes

But he will have lost so much more than 2 yearā€™s income. It will take him years to regain his business, if he can. She truly did destroy him.

As far as her assets, take those ā€œOlympic qualityā€ horses and auction them off to the highest bidder, then send her family a bill for all his legal fees.

17 Likes

Youā€™re kidding, right? Where have you been for 2 1/2 years?

20 Likes

Colbertā€™s reaction wasnā€™t half bad either!

8 Likes

I actually had this thought as well.

5 Likes

Omg. Light bulb. :bulb:

That could explain LKā€™ s plan that she testified to under oath on the witness stand to immediately disable any barn cameras that MB put up.

19 Likes

Again, who does that! No one would ever think that it was acceptable for any boarder to remove or disable the equipment of a property owner. It almost makes me wonder if they were telling the cops/MCPO that they had bought the farmā€¦.

18 Likes

Can you imagine agreeing to be the person ā€œinjuredā€ for this cause?

Finding good employees is hard enough. I canā€™t imagine what theyā€™re doing to get people to do their bidding in this way.

3 Likes

Genuine question; not kidding.

I have been following these threads casually and sporadically for most of the 2.5 years and only been following closely since the fall, so if youā€™ve said, I missed it.

You recently said that you were one of her victims. What has she done to you personally that makes you a victim?

Letā€™s not forget the scenario is just a scenario made up by Angela Freda. Itā€™s not something with any basis in fact.

1 Like

What fraud? Is the thoracic surgeon who testified to her wounds and said she nearly died perpetrating a fraud?

1 Like

I have a job, thatā€™s what I call itā€¦ although others would call it a career, what is the difference?.. I get up go to work and work hard and make sure the work I do is flawless, to the best of my ability, just like anyone, housekeeper, gardener, doctor, muck pickerā€¦ I supposedly work 9-5, but I donā€™t ā€¦ My work is my focus seven days week. It is considered high level, I call it a job., just like everyone who works and does a good job doesā€¦ if I had the ability and blessing to ride everyday and have the skill to be a trainer and did it seven days a week and thought of it 24 hours a day - there would be no difference in the definition or languageā€¦ And for those who show up whenever for scheduled lessons or not at allā€¦ That is not a job, work, or a career, or housekeepingā€¦ and spend the majority of their time trying to bring successful people downā€¦ That is called ā€œin need of helpā€ A career, job, work, is something in which you show up for and in which you work hard at and do the best you can. whatever that job, work or career maybe. There is a difference in a sociopath, that pretends to make a position for themself, in other peoples life, and suck the success out of those who have succeeded, to fill their bank accounts and psycheā€¦ there are movies about these peopleā€¦ and they are real, as we have witnessed with LKā€¦

19 Likes

You mean like all the movies in your head?

If you get to make up your own movies, other people get to do the same thing.

17 Likes

My point was that, in my use of the word ā€œcareerā€, the endeavor does not need to be a paid one. I think Charlotte Jorst has an amazing dressage career as an amateur. She has progressed to the highest level.

Work does not need to be paidā€¦ We agree - I work more than I get paid for, which is why, I am successful, for the most part in my JOB. - you made it sound like LK had/has a ā€œcareerā€ in dressage? You can not compare Charlotte Jost to Lauren Kanarek! Comparing a hard working dressage rider with determination and commitment to a drug addict want to-wake-up-and-be-a-fabulous-dressage Olympic-rider-with-my-five (canā€™t remember how many)- horsesā€¦ Seriously ā€¦ WOW. you are comparing CJ to LK - well that might have hit the high of these postsā€¦ and that is saying somethingā€¦

16 Likes