Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Sometimes tapping the valve lightly with a wrench…maybe one you have in your purse…helps loosen them. Don’t hit hard enough make a spark though especially if you had a Morris Co fire inspector check you fire detectors.

13 Likes

A loaf of bread, a carton of milk, and a stick of buttah

10 Likes

All I can say is I was VERY excited to be finally up-to-date yesterday and today after my job went poof (thanks, CDC!)… and now I am somehow 300 posts behind. Why??? I hope something has happened and it isn’t just CH and HHH spewing crazy.

10 Likes

I blame whomever started using the initials ED…LOL

11 Likes

It’s mostly this.

If you’d prefer to skip ahead, the Court lifted the stay on discovery in the civil case. Paper discovery to be complete by August 1, depositions to be done Aug 2- I think Nov 30.

14 Likes

NOOOOOOoooooooo! I imagining both giving their testimonies. One was professional, thoughtful, confident, sincere, didn’t say “I don’t remember” every other question, compared to…yeah, no comparison! Captain Jack and the thug.

3 Likes

Thank you! And… Oof - so we are now shifting months into the future? Sounds like he may be stuck in limbo for awhile. Yikes.

1 Like

I :heart: this!!

“Mommy, Mommy, I remembered!”

4 Likes

He’s still stuck in limbo at the jail, it appears, which seems unconscionable to me.

For the civil suit, it’s pretty normal - do document production and interrogatories, and then do your depositions based on what all the docs produce.

I really, really, really want to be a fly on the wall in the depositions.

13 Likes

Interesting case.

I would LOVE to be a fly on that wall myself, and I am not a lawyer. It’s all so cray and it seems likely a LOT will be admitted that wasn’t prior.

But it’s also all so sad…and as the sister of a drug addict (heroin) who was also very troubled, it’s too bad nobody can mandate treatment for the “victim”. It seems both parties involved need help.

9 Likes

And quit quoting me so fast I can’t correct my typos! Oof, not of, etc. lol.

4 Likes

The only problem is there is no way possible to make an addict get sober unless they truly desire it for themselves. Plus, there are many who will go through the motions of faking it just to not put in the effort and work.

I believe that is why we have to provide support for those who do choose sobriety and make an effort!

(((((HUGS))))) to you @erinmeri!

13 Likes

Moving right along then……

3 Likes

I feel for you with your sister. I can only imagine how painful that must be.

This whole case is sad. I think that’s why I can’t look away. I just can’t get over The Who Does That?

15 Likes

Don’t I know it!!! My sister was very much like LK (actually worse in a lot of ways) and we tried for a long time to get her help. It didn’t work, and she is no longer with us. I think LK is a terrible mess, but I also think that things are complicated. For sure she needs to make her own decision, but also she needs real people in her court. I don’t see anyone real in that court. But it is ultimately on her. I don’t know… again, it’s complicated. Been there, done that. Which is why I find the vitriol towards the family a bit extreme. I couldn’t make my sister fix herself and I doubt anyone can make Lauren fix herself. It is what it is.

16 Likes

well, the family earned the scorn in different ways.

But that is neither here nor there.

12 Likes

Oh, man. I absolutely HATE it when that happens! Lol.

2 Likes

If the depositions are not going to start until August, I wonder if that will affect the timing of the 48 Hours episode?

Maybe they will just decide to stick with the criminal trial, rather than wait around for further developments. Maybe they could do another episode later on the civil trial.

2 Likes

Thank you!